Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > mr beer and cooper merge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
BrewinHooligan
High Class Desert Trash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1076 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabab View Post
I can't imagine the booster will disappear.
Coopers currently sells 2 versions of booster (enhancer 1 and 2). Why wouldn't they want to sell more of their product because the recipes are scaled to a 2 gallon fermentor?
That was information posted on a Mr Beer Forum by a Mr Beer rep. They stated the new kits would include more malt and not need sugar or Boosters. I do see why from a business standpoint the Booster makes sense and I still used them when I brewed their kits on top of adding a lb of DME. I still use my Mr Beer LBK, it has a batch of Apfelwein in it now.

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
- Winston Churchill

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Zamial
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I heard about this a few weeks ago...Well this effects different people differently. My LHBS, as an example, is going to have its selections of LME slashed. While I do not use TONS of LME it sucks for them because they sold a lot of the Cooper's kits to people just starting out.

The way I understand this is that Mr.Beer is like a mini-franchise, This is why my LHBS does not carry them. The profit margin is low and they dictate the prices. Also it does not go through the standard distributor for supplies but a specialized one.

I have also heard that Munton's is going under or is having some other sort of issues.

This means I will ONLY have Breiss unhopped LME and the LHBS is going to have to find something else to fill a massive section of shelf space. So from a "support your local LHBS" stand point, this is a BAD thing.

Please remember I am trying my best to repeat what a very fast convo was about so I use this info as loose information and not hard facts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply