Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Moving beer to Seattle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
lestershy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Moving beer to Seattle

I'm moving to Seattle (from St. Louis) and am super excited about it. The problem is that I've been a busy brewer and have three 5 gallon batches of beer conditioning in bottles right now (about 6 cases of beer) plus some things I've been aging. I don't want to leave it all behind, I realize that I probably won't be able to fit it all but I do want to take some of it with me.

My question is, does anyone know of laws that might prohibit transferring homebrew across the country? I was planning on shipping my belongings or using the U-haul shipping containers. Has anyone else gone through something like this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
KBentley57
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

If you're movingin a u-haul, pack it up nice and tight, throw it in the truck and be on your merry way! You're most likely not going to be stopped by the cops, and even less likely to be searched, and even less likely to have to open every box in front of somebody, it just doesn't happen.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
cockybitz
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I am sure that it is not legal. It is also not legal for me to give a bottle to a friend of mine to drink in their domicile. Just pack it up and drive. I am sure that you've done much greater things that are illegal. We are talking about a couple of gallons of beer that YOU made for YOU to drink. This isn't smokey and the bandidt.

Quick Reply