For the last week or so we have been hearing mouse-like noises behind the plasterboard in our kitchen, yet no droppings or other evidence. We put poison down but with no luck. It has been perplexing us as to how to catch it - and as to how it got in, given that the plasterboard sits in front of nearly a foot of solid brick!
Anyway, this morning my wife heard some scratching in the stud partition wall which divides our kitchen and the under-stairs area. Under the stairs happens to be where I keep my malt; I pulled out my 25k sack of Maris Otter only to find a small nibble hole in the bottom corner, a mass of malt pouring out as I dragged out the sack.
I cleared a few things away from the stud partition and, unsurprisingly, there was the mouse hole! Poison now sits in the place where the MO used to be...
The sack is about three quarters full - do I need to throw out the whole sack or will I be able to salvage some malt? Any advice would be much appreciated!