Most annoying response when you tell someone you're a homebrewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who calls my homebrew (and all craft beer) "Yuppie Beer". I find that humorous because I picture most of you guys on this site as being Harley riding guys with beards, who make a living making stuff with your hands and enjoy fabricating brew stands in your garages, etc.

The irony is that I'm sure you Harley riding guys would consider me to be a "Yuppie".

My uncle recently said "you should let it ferment longer " to a blonde ale that was in the fermenter for a month!

Nearly everyone says something positive like 'Oh, that's very cool - can I try some?'

However, I have gotten the 'Oh I see... well I won't call the cops on you so don't worry." :smack:

That's a little annoying.

Living in Seattle it seems like everyone knows someone who brews, or I am just hanging out with the right people.

What has gotten weird reactions is when I tell people I make bacon.

you mean like this?????

making-bacon-555x416.jpg

Actually, I make my own too. Belly, buckboard and cheek/jowl bacons. Great stuff!

"How much of an alcoholic and how cheap do you have to be to start making your own beer?"

Guess who won't be getting an invite to my picnic. :tank: :mug:

Isn't that like calling someone a cheap fatass because they cook in their kitchen instead of buying dinner at McDonald's?

Luckily, I usually get "Oh hey, that's cool. My brother/friend/co-worker brews too"
in response.

Occasionally, I get the "Oh, you're into those weird/sissy/yuppie beers". Once, I got "you like all that nasty hoppy sh*t, don't you?"

"like in a bucket" replace bucket with bathtub/sink and then all jokes about prison hooch ect...

Ridire said:
Isn't that like calling someone a cheap fatass because they cook in their kitchen instead of buying dinner at McDonald's?

Ahahaha. Nice one.

I gave my boss some of my pale ale once and he said, "Man, there was so much grapefruit in that beer I wanted to add a shot of vodka and make it a sissy drink."

*sigh*

TheJasonT said:
I gave my boss some of my pale ale once and he said, "Man, there was so much grapefruit in that beer I wanted to add a shot of vodka and make it a sissy drink."

*sigh*

Don't you love how the same people who criticize your beer as a sissy drink usually won't touch anything other than BMC because "it's toooo heavy"?

Latest posts

Back