New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Mosher's new book on Amazon.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
McKBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Mosher's new book on Amazon.com

Randy Mosher recently released a new book, Tasting Beer. I ordered it today off Amazon. Initially had planned on only looking, but the other book they put with it at the discount price was Michael Jackson's Great Beers of Belgium. Funny how Amazon always seems to read my mind and suggest a great pairing like that.

Amazon.com: Tasting Beer: An Insider's Guide to the World's Greatest Drink: Randy Mosher: Books

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
bierhaus15
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I bought this book a few days ago. It's makes for a good coffee table book or for those who don't really know too much about beer, but all in all its a good read and a fine addition to the brew library.

And it has nice pictures of beer in it...

Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Randy Mosher recently released a new book, Tasting Beer. I ordered it today off Amazon. Initially had planned on only looking, but the other book they put with it at the discount price was Michael Jackson's Great Beers of Belgium. Funny how Amazon always seems to read my mind and suggest a great pairing like that.
Watch out for amazon's "discount price" with their bundles. It's almost always the same price as buying them individually.

I'll put this book on my wish list and pick it up sometime though. I suspect its worthy of sitting on the bookshelf

Old 03-05-2009, 03:32 AM   #4
dontman
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Have I mentioned that I am spending the day this coming week with Randy in a class he is giving? It is an 8 hour class that is supposed to cover the requirements for cicerone skills and BJCP. I am studying for the BJCP so this will come in handy.

I bought his book today from Amazon too. (I am almost embarrassed to add. )

On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
Duster72
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I got it last week. I think it's a really nice book and I like his work as a beer historian.

I also bought Oliver's book about pairing beer with food. I was scared off for a long time because it's $16, but it's a REALLY nice book with tons of color pictures. Another great purchase.

Quick Reply