Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > More beer (good experience)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
wildwest450
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default More beer (good experience)

Here's the other side of the coin. I ordered mics grains and an all grain lager kit form b3 a month ago. It states in the ordering directions that kits will be milled unless stated other wise, I clearly stated that I did NOT want grains crushed.

My order arrives on Jan 9th, I put away the misc grains and store the kit grains(wrapped in a brown garbage bag and taped shut). I open the bag today to find the grains were crushed and stale. I called and expected the worst, as I have a starter going and am ready to brew tomorrow. To my suprise thy apologized and said they would ship out another kit immediately. I do have the grains for this beer on reserve, so im good to brew. So the worst that could have happened is that my brew would have been delayed 3 to 5 days.

So, I chalk this up as a good experience (even though it's disappointing) and will continue to use b3 as an occasional vendor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
Brew-boy

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have always had good results with B3, they take care of there customers. That is why I use them and several other online suppliers, good service.

Aging: Imperial Oatmeal Stout on Vanilla beans.

I rather owe you a dollar than cheat you out of it.."Dad"

http://lapeerareabrewers.com/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LapeerAreaBrewers/

Old 02-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
keelanfish
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I've had good results as well. Ordered my boil kettle from them and couldn't be more pleased. I've ordered a couple of their minimash kits as well and the only comment I have on them is that the directions suck and that both kits (Irish Stout and Saison) are way high in OG to the point where they are both out of the style guidelines. The Irish Stout had an OG of 1.068.

Quick Reply