Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > More Beer Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #21
c.n.budz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

I've ordered equipment from them but never ingredients and never had a problem. I usually wait until I have an order big enough to get the free shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Good to hear. I'm shocked that they still have rhyzomes for sale, though; most other places seemed to be out of stock months ago.
I was at my LHBS the other day and they had 6 or 7 different kinds of rhizomes left, I didn't get any since I don't have anyplace to grow them outdoors and I never remember to water my 1 indoor plant....

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #22
neckbone
Recipes 

I was really hoping I wouldn't be able to get into this thread. I just received my 4 reconditioned kegs from Morebeer yesterday. Checked them this morning, and one of them had about 6oz of soda syrup in the bottom. I'm guessing if there's syrup in the bottom, the gaskets weren't replaced and the keg isn't actually reconditioned. I've emailed them this morning, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Seems to me that they may need a little more support staff for the size of their operations.

Primary: Nada
Secondary: Squat
Bottled: Nut Brown

Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 AM   #23
mward
Recipes 

Default Ooooh my luck has changed.

I shouldn't have said how I was getting good service from them because well... I originally posted this on the b3 site so they'd see it but posting it on the b3 site just exposes me to a bunch of angry fanboys so I deleted it and mailed it to them.

I will admit before starting writing this I have had a frustrating day.

A few weeks ago I ordered some grains and ingredients for a 1554 clone I was going to brew 2 weekends ago. I failed to check the order when it showed up and didn't notice they left the grains of paradise out. A call remedied that, but I didn't brew last weekend because of it. I'm trying to stay ahead of the consumption curve, it's hard to when your stuff doesn't show up.

Friday before last I put in an order for a lot of grains to stock up the brew house, a couple of 6 gallon buckets, and other assorted nonsense. I ordered on friday because if it's picked and shipped on monday, it gets here by friday so I can brew. Also, I get paid on fridays, so it coincides neatly with deposits into my brewing account. Well, as usual, one item was back ordered so I had to call and tell them to leave it off but it still didn't ship till tuesday so I didn't have it last weekend. I did brew the 1554 but didn't brew the bitter I was planning on because I didn't have everything I needed.

When my order arrived today it sounded like a maraca. Bad sign. Whomever packed it was probably sampling some homebrew because bags of grain were in there with far too much empty space, and nothing to fill up the dead space as usual, so the 3 lb bag of chocolate malt broke open, coating everything in grain. Also a pound of something else was mixed in. Now I have 2 brand new fermenters covered in crap - and yes, I have to wash them anyhow, but now I have to really wash them, I can't just fill them with pbw and call it good. Plus now I have to call and get this fixed.

Today I had put in another large order including a large wort chiller so I can move up to 10 gallon batches and stay ahead of the consumption. When I called to get the grain thing fixed I said hey throw it on that order and ship it all together.

Well, they authorize your card for the amount of the purchase, and then when they added those things they reauthorized it and I don't have double the money I'm spending in my beer account and don't have the money elsewhere so now I can't order for a week until those funds are unencumbered. What happens is the bank places a hold on those funds so when the order goes through they haven't been spent elsewhere. When they try to encumber it the second time the bank says no-no because I don't have double the money in there. This is the SECOND time this has happened and it is super friggin annoying. The nice lady on the phone told me that's how it works, but it doesn't work that way anywhere else! When I go to the gas station that authorization doesn't keep funds encumbered for a week after I buy gas.

So now after this charlie foxtrot of order problems I can't order again until the funds are unencumbered. Even if this is standard practice, it's annoying as hell. Amazon doesn't do it, why does morebeer have to?

I am very frustrated by the foul-ups in orders and this idiotic credit card authorization scheme. I've ordered 500$ worth of stuff from more beer since march, do they not care about keeping me as a customer? I realize it's nothing compared to brew sculptures, maybe it's not a priority for them.

At this point I am only ordering from morebeer because of the free shipping, and that's gonna change if I have to keep dealing with this stuff. On another homebrew board the many members have indicated that shenanigans like this have cost morebeer their business. I guess I want someone from b3 to step up and fix all this so I can get to brewing and stop worrying about if my stuff is going to show up and what condition it's going to be in.

I'd go relax and have a homebrew but I ran out and the 1554 isn't finished yet.

Edit: Oh and one more thing. Put the product labels on the OUTSIDE of the lids for the buckets - someplace where we don't have to remove them to use the product!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 AM   #24
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mward
Dude, that sucks. I don't care what you sell and to whom, consistent and reasonable customer service should be a priority. Maybe you should look for another place to buy.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:33 AM   #25
mward
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific
Dude, that sucks. I don't care what you sell and to whom, consistent and reasonable customer service should be a priority. Maybe you should look for another place to buy.
Yeah I'd love to but I'm addicted to their crack (free shipping.) I priced out my most recent order at northern brewer, almost the same price, but 30$ shipping. Austin homebrew has 5.99 shipping so I might have to start talking to them.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #26
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mward
Yeah I'd love to but I'm addicted to their crack (free shipping.) I priced out my most recent order at northern brewer, almost the same price, but 30$ shipping. Austin homebrew has 5.99 shipping so I might have to start talking to them.
I use AHS, never had any problems the likes of what people see with MoreBeer.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #27
FireBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You toned it down though, mward. Only two people took exception to your thread. Hope you didn't expect a different reaction from the "fanboys"...might as well show up to the Democratic National Convention in a Hummer H2 with a family of ducks stuck in the grill.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #28
mward
Recipes 

Nah I just originally figured by putting it on their own forum they might actually notice and pay attention but later realized that wasn't going to happen. How about this instead of baby ducks:

http://pics.obra.se/zaccharine-1063313058.jpg

Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #29
FireBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The powers that be there (meaning the ownership) don't pay any attention to that forum whatsoever.

Thanks for the pic, gonna have to send that one along!

Old 06-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
Buford

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

After reading all of this I don't particularly want to order from them, but they're the only place that I have found that carries these changable label tap handles in black and this particular length:

I've seen 12" ones at other stores, but I like these shorter ones. Does anybody know where else to find these things?

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion

Quick Reply