The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > molasses allergy?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
magno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default molasses allergy?

I have made two batches recently that contained molasses. The Poor Richard's Ale that I made in December called for some, and then I brewed a stout for St. Patty's Day and I added some in there to compensate for a big boil over.

A friend of min got sick off of the Poor Richards Ale 3 of the 3 or 4 times he had it. We werent sure what was causing it, and no one else had any adverse side effects. He has had the stout a couple times, and last night for the first time he got sick off that too.

On all of the occasions when he has gotten sick, we were drinking moderately, say 3 or less beers each for the night. He has said that the symptoms may be from poor diet.

Could molasses cause this? Any other ideas of a culprit?

- magno

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply