The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > missing water???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
lokiua4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default missing water???

aparently i was fealin a litle better than i thought when i brewed my last batch cause when i put the brew into the primary i seem to have shorted myself a solid 1/2 gallon of water. if i boil more water and let it cool can i just add it in when when i go to secondary or when when i transfer to bottling bucket?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4202 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 779

If you want to, you certainly can. I'd suggest tasting it first. If the beer is fine the way it is, I wouldn't mess with it. If you taste it and you think it would be better watered down, then add the water.

If you were too high on your OG when you brewed, you could have added the water then. That's what I do. Check the OG as the beer goes into the primary. If it's where I wanted, I don't add any water. If it's too high, I add water until I get the OG I planned. After that, I don't add any water to it to make up the losses to trub or racking.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply