Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Midwest supplies honey nut brown ale (+ pumpkin?)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Sondao27
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Midwest supplies honey nut brown ale (+ pumpkin?)

This extract has rave reviews on MW's website, but no thread here. Is this extract any good? I'm thinking of adding 60oz of pumpkin at flameout with some cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Any thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
jaycount
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

IDK about the MWS kit but I really enjoyed the NB Honey brown ale kit (based off of their nut brown ale I believe). In fact now that you mention it, I haven't opened a bottle of that in awhile...yum.

That would be an ok base beer for some pumpkin seasonings but if you wanted to do a pumpkin beer why not get a pumpkin beer kit? Keep it simple, right?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #3
Sondao27
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I agree. I just brewed a pumpkin ale that is sitting in the primary right now. Im having a Halloween party and I was thinking of having 2 different pumpkins ready... I wasn't so sure about doing a brown pumpkin ale, but it does seem like it would be a good mix.... My friend made a pumpkin porter and it was awesome.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Sacreddog717
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like the idea. I'm doing just about the same thing. Brewing my first pumpkin beer and most of the recipes are for a pumpkin ale, where I think a pumpkin porter sounds better. Gonna try it this year and change it if needed for next year. Just taking a good porter base and "spicing it up w/ pumpkin & spices". Any suggestions on amounts of spices or pumpkin are greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply