Midwest supplies honey nut brown ale (+ pumpkin?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sondao27

Reaction score
This extract has rave reviews on MW's website, but no thread here. Is this extract any good? I'm thinking of adding 60oz of pumpkin at flameout with some cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Any thoughts?

IDK about the MWS kit but I really enjoyed the NB Honey brown ale kit (based off of their nut brown ale I believe). In fact now that you mention it, I haven't opened a bottle of that in awhile...yum.

That would be an ok base beer for some pumpkin seasonings but if you wanted to do a pumpkin beer why not get a pumpkin beer kit? Keep it simple, right? :D

I agree. I just brewed a pumpkin ale that is sitting in the primary right now. Im having a Halloween party and I was thinking of having 2 different pumpkins ready... I wasn't so sure about doing a brown pumpkin ale, but it does seem like it would be a good mix.... My friend made a pumpkin porter and it was awesome.

I like the idea. I'm doing just about the same thing. Brewing my first pumpkin beer and most of the recipes are for a pumpkin ale, where I think a pumpkin porter sounds better. Gonna try it this year and change it if needed for next year. Just taking a good porter base and "spicing it up w/ pumpkin & spices". Any suggestions on amounts of spices or pumpkin are greatly appreciated.

Back