Metropolitan Brewing Video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a really interesting video on a new small brewery in Chicago, Metropolitan Brewing, run by a husband and wife team. I've had their beers a number of times, three different varieties: Krankshaft Kolsch, FlyWheel Lager, and Dynamo Copper Lager. Enjoyed all three.

Here's the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks Jim. Husband and wife brewing team eh? Cool lady, I wonder if she has a sister.

"It's Chicago beer, beer with an attitude". I love it. Nice operation they have there.

I was looking at the area in/around Uptown where they are located. Times change. When I was living in that area 30+ years ago that was a pretty rough area. Always had a lot of potential because of all of the old buildings and Clark begin a major North-South street. Great to see that this area is hoppin once again. Will have to visit it next time I am in Chi Town. Montanaandy

Andy, I have an office in Uptown and it is both a great neighborhood and really scary sometimes.

On the great side, it is a neighborhood full of immigrants from all over, especially Africa and Asia, which is really cool. On the downside, there are still gangs running around there.

Really tasty beers and nice people. I met them when I was visiting my friends who own Koval Distillery which is right next door to Metropolitan Brewing.

An afternoon of tasting everything at Koval, tasting more at Metropolitan, and then going out for more drinks made that day very good and very messy.

Back