The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > meeting brewmasters for beer sampling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
shufflethenhit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default meeting brewmasters for beer sampling

On Sunday I'm meeting brewmasters in order to try to progress down the line of opening a brewery. There will be a total of five people there, and I'm really nervous. How many bets should I bring and how should I serve them? I don't know whether to bring enough so everyone can have a couple our just bring enough for actual sampling instead of just drinking. Any advice as to how many styles and how many of each type I bring?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
AmandaK
Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 24

What is the goal of this meeting? To impress them with your beer or to get critical feedback or what? And what kind of brewery are you opening? Will you have a lot of different beers or focus on a few styles?

Souring: #32 Lambic 2.0, #49 Lambic 3.0, #60 3763 Flanders Brown, #61 WLP665 Flanders Brown
Conditioning: #38 Golden Sour, #58 Hooch Cider, #79 Dopplebock, #84 Amy Cider
Drinkin': #16 Lambic 1.0 (Drunk Monk BOS), #84 Fall Cider

Old 09-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
shufflethenhit
Recipes 

More for critical feedback than to impress and hopefully of all goes well to be put in contact with more people that can help in the process of opening a brewery. The brewery I want to open will have all different kinds of beer

Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 286 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflethenhit View Post
More for critical feedback than to impress and hopefully of all goes well to be put in contact with more people that can help in the process of opening a brewery. The brewery I want to open will have all different kinds of beer
Frankly I wouldn't be too concerned about what they thought about my beer and I'd take the opportunity to pick their brains about the process of brewing, starting a brewery, yeast management, equipment, labor, marketing, etc. etc. etc.. I'm of the opinion that good process makes good beer. It ain't about the recipes.

I don't need someone to blow smoke up my ass about how good my beer is (after all, who says they are telling it to you straight?? Who says they know anything about beer other than what comes out of their place?)

If you wanted to talk about beer specifically, ask them what styles sell best, what makes a good line-up, what price-points to work in...that sort of stuff.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads