Mardi Gras beer lineup suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8shandini

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm throwing a Mardi Gras party toward the end of Feb. and I was wondering what HBT thinks about beers that pair well with cajun/creole food. My first pils is lagering right now and should be ready to go (if it turns out to be drinkable). I've also got an English IPA that just went on tap that I should have quite a bit left of (if I can stay out of it) and I'm brewing an APA this weekend. So that's three out of five taps I have available. Any suggestions for the last two?

I personally like American IPAs, American Pale Ales, Belgian Wits, and Belgian Blondes with spicy foods.

if you're doing seafood which I would assume you are, Belgian triples, blondes and such are made for seafood. also maybe a nice brown to go with some of the rich flavors. I also like IPA's with spicy food

Thanks guys. No way a triple is going to come together in three weeks, but a Belgian blonde or a Wit might be a good idea. I was already thinking of a brown as well. Specifically, a Turbodog clone. If you happen to have a recipe for that, I'd love to give it a try.

Back