Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Mango honey hefe feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
CBMbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default Mango honey hefe feedback

I always love messing around with styles and seeing what comes of it. because of large bags of grain and hops I have already bought and a yeast cake from another batch this batch has only cost me about $11. since I have brewed this exact hefe before and hefes are generally easy and quick to ferment I would love to add some different ingredients that I already have. Here is the grin bill:

5.5 lb white wheat
4.25 lb 2-row
.5 lb honey malt

I also have
.75 lb torrified wheat
.75 lb victory malt
.75 lb flaked oats
1 lb raw honey
2 pounds light DME

I was thinking of adding all the torrifiied wheat, maybe .5 lb victory for a little bisquit/toasty flavor, all the flaked oats for some more mouth feel, a half pound of honey after primary for some honey character and fermentables and some light DME to get the gravity up there a bit.
I was also thinking of paring the flavor of the hefe yeast with some mangos in the secondary.
I was going to bitter with .5 oz hursbrucker and .5 oz saaz at 5 mins.
I also have some spalt and perle.
any tips/advice?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply