Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Maine Brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
coffeegod
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Maine Brewery

Hey I am headed to the Bar Harbor area of Maine in september, can anyone recommend any breweries that I need to check out/ or beer related attractions?
Thanks
Scott

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
brewmcq
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 481 Times on 332 Posts
Likes Given: 2644

That depends on how you're going to get there.. are you going to be taking I-95 to Bangor, then down through Ellsworth, etc., to get there; or are you taking US Route 1 all the way up the coast?

http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/breweryME.html

There are some breweries right in Bar Harbor (check the list above).

Other good breweries: Allagash (Portland), Black Bear (brewpub in Orono), Gritty McDuff's (brewpub Portland, Freeport and Lewiston... I like the Freeport location best)... Sea Dog (brewpub in various locations.. the one in Bangor is nice.)

If you do make it to Bangor, I STRONGLY recommend you visit Nocturnum Drafthaus on 56 Main St. The owner, Gene, is not only a homebrewer, but he's featuring something like 14 beers on tap, including casks and lambics. The tap list from Saturday: http://www.nocturnemdrafthaus.com/2011/updated-6-4/

He gets his hands on a lot of stuff that no one else even bothers with. And let him know Jonny B sent ya. ;-)

Hope you enjoy your stay. :-)

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Eco
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I live here in Bar Harbor and while at one point we boasted three microbreweries in a town with a year round pop. of 5000 we are down to one very good one right now. The Atlantic Brewing company have a great selection of ales and lagers, their beer is in every bar and restaurant in the area. The brewery has a beer garden with a barbecue operation that is a great way to spend an afternoon. www.atlanticbrewing.com I live about 100 yards from the brewery; email me when you get here - I will join you. staggs.mike@gmail.com

Quick Reply