Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Lumpy foam head

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
ed_brews_now
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lumpy foam head

I cracked open a bottle after two weeks. One think I noticed that the foam head was not smooth an uniform. I was more like a krausen, but not that extreme -- like protein scum. Though the head sank back in and there weren't chunks of solids floating around.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
pernox
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Did you pour the dregs on top of the head? Or was the head just "rocky?"

If you poured the whole bottle, especially at two weeks old, without stopping before the sediment came out, then you just wound up with a layer of yeast on top of your head.

Might make you fart a little, but other than that you're good.

If the head is clean and you left a little beer (and sediment) in the bottom of the bottle, but your head is sort of rocky, that's okay.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Old 03-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
ed_brews_now
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is kind of rocky.
But I guess it won't win awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernox View Post
Did you pour the dregs on top of the head? Or was the head just "rocky?"

If you poured the whole bottle, especially at two weeks old, without stopping before the sediment came out, then you just wound up with a layer of yeast on top of your head.

Might make you fart a little, but other than that you're good.

If the head is clean and you left a little beer (and sediment) in the bottom of the bottle, but your head is sort of rocky, that's okay.

Quick Reply