Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Louisville Ky LHBS store

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
bjdetwiler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Louisville Ky LHBS store

I am traveling to Louisville Ky and will be looking for a LHBS store. I will be in a conference all day saturday so I hope to find one that is open on Sunday afternoon. any help will be much appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Evan
Recipes 

i just moved here about 6 months back, i haven't found much when it comes to a LHBS here. then again, i haven't been here long. When i lived up in indy, they had a GREAT LHBS on the north side of town.

the only one i tend to go to is closed on sundays and only stays open till 4 during the week. so the only day i can make it saturday. if you want to know the address of it, i can look it up and send it your way, just PM me.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You are kidding! I know of a fantastic one. The owners are just off the boat german and great to work with.

Where the hell are you Evan?

BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Triathlete
Recipes 

I heard there is a LHBS across the river in Indiana off the Georgetown exit. I think that is exit 118 on 64 West. You take a left off the exit and go about 5 miles. This is how it was explained to me, it is in the town is Lanesville. Probably a 20 minute drive from Downtown.

I have never been there, just heard about it. If you go, post up and let us know how it is.

Riley Ridge Wine, Beer And Canning Supplies
6335 Riley Ridge Rd
Lanesville, Indiana, 47136
United States
phone: (812) 952-2121

Old 01-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #5
Triathlete
Recipes 

Where is the one you speak of cheezydemon?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

No, seriously, there is a great one in louisville.
http://www.winebeersupply.com/

It is off of westport rd by the big Kroger at the corner of Hurstbourn and Westport rds.

BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
zugzwang56
Recipes 

I can't believe I didn't know about that place. i just started brewing about 3 months ago and have pretty much gotten everything online. I will definetly check this place out. Looks to be alright.

Also good to see other Louisvillians who brew!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
bjdetwiler
Recipes 

Thanks for the info. the wine & beer supply wont be open when I can get there, but I found another place. http://www.liquorbarn.com/ They are open from 1-9 on sundays. For some reason they dont have the homebrew stuff on the website, but I called and they said they have it all. I will let you know how it goes.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
zugzwang56
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdetwiler
Thanks for the info. the wine & beer supply wont be open when I can get there, but I found another place. http://www.liquorbarn.com/ They are open from 1-9 on sundays. For some reason they dont have the homebrew stuff on the website, but I called and they said they have it all. I will let you know how it goes.

The liqour barn has a section devoted to brewing. Its pretty much got the basic stuff. Its not very extensive though to say the least but if you need random items its a good place to pick them up. They do have a great selection of bottled beer though and I usually go there to pick up some micro brew that I've never tried

Old 01-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #10
bjdetwiler
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugzwang56
The liqour barn has a section devoted to brewing. Its pretty much got the basic stuff. Its not very extensive though to say the least but if you need random items its a good place to pick them up. They do have a great selection of bottled beer though and I usually go there to pick up some micro brew that I've never tried
Thanks. It looks like my only option on a Sunday afternoon, so I will give it a try.

Quick Reply