Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Lost Abbey Tasting w/ Tomme Arthur

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
mroberts1204
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Lost Abbey Tasting w/ Tomme Arthur

In Escondido, CA Tomme Arthur will be at Holiday Wine Cellar this Saturday from 5:00-7:00. He will be pouring 10-12 Lost Abbey beers including some of the more rare ones like Cuvee de Tomme, Angel's Share, etc. This is the expensive stuff that I just can't allow myself to buy for $30/bottle...great opportunity to try these out and talk with the brewmaster. I thought people here would like to know. I am told that tickets will sell out...$15 pre-order, $20 day of (if available). I'll be there!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Catch-22
Recipes 

AAAAGGGGGHHHHH....I live so far away. My GF is bringing me a bottle of their Red Barn tomorrow form Colorado, Utah doesn't carry Lost Abbey, I can't wait.

Dwight Schrute: In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
justbrewit
Zythos Conisseur
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to live over in vista, used to go to holiday all the time for my SN bigfoot. That sucks lol

2.5 gal cantalope mead
5.5 gal coconut milk mead

Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Make sure you get a bottle of Angel's Share with some carbonation in it. They've had some QC problems, and I would be wary of getting stuff from them until they fix it.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
mroberts1204
Recipes 

Bummer!!! It should be freakin awesome. They have only sold about 20 tickets since I went today to get 2 more (my parents want to go now).

Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
schristian619
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As much as I like to support local businesses, especially breweries, I am not a Lost Abbey fan. I went to their anniversary party at the brewery (them and Port Brewing), and was very dissapointed. The people working were just plain rude and I wasn't a big fan of their beer. I'm sure for those who enjoy their stuff, this will be a great event. I'll be at the San Diego International Beer Fest anyway

Old 06-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
mroberts1204
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schristian619 View Post
As much as I like to support local businesses, especially breweries, I am not a Lost Abbey fan. I went to their anniversary party at the brewery (them and Port Brewing), and was very dissapointed. The people working were just plain rude and I wasn't a big fan of their beer. I'm sure for those who enjoy their stuff, this will be a great event. I'll be at the San Diego International Beer Fest anyway
I will be there as well...on Friday. A little off topic, but there is gonna be a strongman competition on the days of the beer festival! HAHA! Should be fun. Unfortunately, Lost Abbey will not be there (and neither will Russian River). What the hell?!?!?

Old 06-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 939 Times on 625 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Up until the NHC, I never had a Tomme Arthur beer before. I'm a big fan of everything I've had so far, but the highlight has been Red Poppy Ale. Fantastic.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #9
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
Up until the NHC, I never had a Tomme Arthur beer before. I'm a big fan of everything I've had so far, but the highlight has been Red Poppy Ale. Fantastic.
Red Poppy is nice, and probably my favorite thing that I've had from Lost Abbey. They did a double cherry version for the O'Briens anniversary that was unbelievable.

Quick Reply