Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Loss brew due to hop sludge, add water???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
wjjohnson
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Loss brew due to hop sludge, add water???

I just moved my IPA into the secondary today, I tasted it and wow was it strong! Almost too strong. I lost allot of brew due to hop sludge. I was wondering if I should add some clean water to top off the secondary? Or just leave it as is. If I add more water will it be too weak? I made the mistake of dryhoping the primary, thats why so much sludge. Any help will be great, thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
McKBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Don't add water. It will affect the overall quality of your beer (make it weaker). In the future, plan your batches a bit larger to account for water absorbtion by dry hopping. It doesn't matter what phase you dry hop in, you will lose volume either way.

Make Beer, Not War.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply