Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Looking for recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
HardcoreNinja69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking for recommendations

I am brand new to the forum. I have brewed about a half dozen batches of home brew. I have a pale ale in the works right now. I am looking for some help with a recipe or beer style for my other carboy. I don't really like a strong hops taste(I ate a hops pellet on a brewery tour about 6 years ago...ever since...flashbacks yuck!). I am looking for something with a little more body than your typical lager but very drinkable. I am interested in doing a fruit beer if anyone has a solid recipe for strawberry, apricot, or even a hot pepper beer. If you have any ideas spit um out!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
breez7
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

you dont like hops??!!! are you sure you're on the right forum? jk. check out the recipe section at the top.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Patirck
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have very similar tastes to yours. Not a big fan of super hoppy stuff. I would try out some commercial beers and see what styles you like. I love weizenbocks and dunkels. I also always seem to have a simple hefeweizen on tap. You may also want to try some belgians - blondes, tripels etc. I am not a huge stout and porter fan so I tend not to make them (although I am being talked into making a russion imperial stout for some freinds).

Let me know if want some reccomendations on specific commercial beers to sample.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
dmcoates
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Do you brew AG or extract.

Search the recipes f/ a good looking American Wheat beer and brew it.

Add 2 or 4 oz Apricot Flavoring in sencondary

The wheat goes well with apricot and its low IBUs

Quick Reply