Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Looking for Home Brew Supplies in Upsate SC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
PFZBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Looking for Home Brew Supplies in Upsate SC

Live just north of Greenville, Spartanburg South Carolina and about 45 minutes south of Asheville, NC. Anyone know of any home brew supply stores in the area?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
lastsecondapex
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Commented on your intro page, Thomas Creek Brewery in Greenville has the best selection

Old 02-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
PFZBeer
Recipes 

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
autobaun70
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 20 Posts

Thomas Creek is decent. IMO they tend to cater to those brewing all grain. Their extract supplies are pretty limited. Prices are pretty good. There are a couple of places in Asheville that may be worth checking out. Given the distance to either one though, online is a pretty good option.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
mountainbrewdude
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just drive to asheville and go to hops and vines, best hbs by far! Worth, the trip. I drive 45 minutes one way for them. Its on haywood road, off of patton ave. and on the internet.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
bent
Recipes 

alternative beverage in Belmont just this side of charlotte. Probably closer than asheville and they are the largest homebrew supplier on the east coast. ebrew.com I never go to asheville for supplies anymore. I can get a whole bag of 2-row for bout $45. No one in asheville will sell for less than $70(including hops and vines). Check em' out, great service too.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
jason29307
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFZBeer View Post
Live just north of Greenville, Spartanburg South Carolina and about 45 minutes south of Asheville, NC. Anyone know of any home brew supply stores in the area?
Hey Pez,
I am about 20 minutes from you. I live in Spartanburg. I have been to Thomas Creek. Not really worth my drive. I don't know anyplace around here. I have been to the shop in Asheville when I am there, but I wouldn't drive just for that.
For the money, it is best to order online. It cost less with shipping than it does for gas and time spent.

Where about Campabello are you? My Uncle lives in Campabello
I live in Spartanburg city, off Fermwood Rd. near Hickory Tavern, Bi-lo, about 3 minutes from Wal-Mart and Lowe's.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
PFZBeer
Recipes 

I'm actually in Asheville about once a month on business so that isn't a problem for me. Belmont is about the same but I rarely venture over there. However I'll check them out on-line and perhaps make an initial in person visit. I'm still new enough that I like to talk to someone at the store.

Thanks for both leads!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
PFZBeer
Recipes 

I'm actually in Asheville about once a month on business so that isn't a problem for me. Belmont is about the same distance but I rarely venture over there. However I'll check them out on-line and perhaps make an initial in person visit. I'm still new enough that I like to talk to someone at the store.

Thanks for both leads!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
BrewDog13
Recipes 

Default Great Homebrew Supply Store

Hey Guys -

I wanted to let you know about a great homebrew supply store right in the Greenville area. Grape and Grains (www.grapeandgrains.com) is freaking fantastic. I've gone to Thomas Creek a few times and they haven't had the ingredients I was looking for and the hours can kind of be hit and miss. I've found some great two row grains and some really great DME.

I'd highly recommend these guys....they have some great hours, a tasting room, and they're not just limited to beer supplies, they also have wine making supplies, accessories, a huge wine selection, and they do wine making / beer making classes as well.

Thomas Creek is good, but in my opinion, these guys edge them out just a bit.

Thanks.

Quick Reply