Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Look out, Miller Lite is now triple hopped.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #121
Jinkle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheels View Post
thats so funny that this was already posted. i just so the commerical again and logged on to write about it and then so this. it drives me nuts. i just don't understand the logic of the ad. i don't think miller light drinkers like hops and drinkers that like hops don't drink miller light. so how do they win saying its triple hop brewed
I'm not sure the average BMC drinker knows what hops are

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #122
Drunk Monkey
Recipes 

It reminds me of the Budweiser Select ad that claimed it was "brewed longer for low carb stats." My roommate at the time used to give me sh!t that I needed to brew my beer longer.

Rogue Imperial IPA
Secondary 2: English Pale Ale
Bottled:
Kegged: Negro Modelo clone, Munich Helles

Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #123
sundaybrewingco
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

What about the new Coors Light commercials? Where there are 3 guys at a baseball game, and after each one takes a sip of thier "cold refreshing coors light" they are transported to some fantasy dream world where they are the coolest people in the world. I love those commercials. They are always good for a chuckle when I am drinking a nice homebrewed beer!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #124
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
I'm not sure the average BMC drinker knows what hops are
I would bet that a significant number of casual beer drinkers think beer is made from hops (in the way we think it's made from malted barley)...and that's with them not even knowing what they are.

I doubt the average person knows what 'Beechwood aging' is either...heck I didn't know until recently.

I def don't get annoyed though...amused is a better word. Always reminds me of 'fine Corinthian leather'.
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #125
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 37 Posts

Hey, we can't help it that the brewmaster at Miller just learned about hops!

Seriously though. I hate the most that they are calling it "triple hops brewing". Like they are the innovator of a long known and highly regarded brewing practice. **** that, come back when I can actually taste hops on your beer.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #126
MikeG
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I think it opens a door to discuss brewing and ingredients to the BMC drinker and get them thinking about trying different beers.

Personally I don't care what somebody prefers but I do like the increase in options for a good ale when I'm away from home as more and more people seem to be amenable to trying something out of the ordinary.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #127
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3173 Times on 3077 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcculus View Post
Hey, we can't help it that the brewmaster at Miller just learned about hops!

Seriously though. I hate the most that they are calling it "triple hops brewing". Like they are the innovator of a long known and highly regarded brewing practice. **** that, come back when I can actually taste hops on your beer.
Exactly. It's "Triple Hops Brewed" and then they have a little (TM) there to let you know that it is a trademarked slogan of Miller.

Couldn't trademark a process, so they trademark a grammatical error. Triple hops makes me think they use a blend of three hops, not that hops are added three times during the first 30 seconds of the 60 minute boil.

The real question is whether the additions are before or after the camel piss.

Reason: Had to invoke EVAN!'s law.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #128
zaprozdower
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
Exactly. It's "Triple Hops Brewed" and then they have a little (TM) there to let you know that it is a trademarked slogan of Miller.

Couldn't trademark a process, so they trademark a grammatical error. Triple hops makes me think they use a blend of three hops, not that hops are added three times during the first 30 seconds of the 60 minute boil.

The real question is whether the additions are before or after the camel piss.

Before or after....how about during? Otherwise there might be an aspect of the beer that doesn't taste like piss, and BMC knows how much people love to drink piss with a thimble of alcohol poured in! So you think they drop the camels in or is there a piss platform above the monstrosity tank?

Planned - Black & White IS, Braggot
Primary- Backyard Berry Wheat
Drinking - Vanilla Blonde, Wee Heavy, But Brown
Conditioning/Drinking -

Old 04-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #129
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3173 Times on 3077 Posts
Likes Given: 173

From Season 8 Episode 10 of The Simpsons "THE SPRINGFIELD FILES"

[Scene: Moe's Tavern. Homer is there.]

MOE: Another Duff, Homer?

HOMER: Nah, it's Friday night, Moe. I wanna try something special.

MOE: Uh, sure, sure. (He puts two dots above the U on the Duff bottle.) Here you go. Düff from Sweden.

(He hands it to Homer.)

HOMER: Skoal! (He takes a swig.) Wait a minute, this is Duff.

MOE: Yeah, you got me didn't you. All right, here you go. Red Tick Beer.

(Homer takes a swig.)

HOMER: Mmm. Bold, refreshing, and something I can't put my finger on.

[Cut to the Red Tick Beer Brewery. Three dogs are swimming around in the beer. A man tastes it.]

MAN: Mmm, needs more dog.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #130
ghack
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Some years back one of the big boys was marketing their latest tasteless offering as being "brewed with less water, for greater taste". You might be inclined to think they might mean increasing the gravity, but given how it tasted (which wasn't "greater" in my book) that was definitely not what they meant. I suspect that in reality "brewed with less water" meant they didn't mop up the brewery as often.

Quick Reply