Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Long time return.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
Vekta
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Long time return.

I've been gone from HBT for a long time. I originally came here to learn a little about making beer and to find out if I could be successful at it. I did my reading, research and asked questions and gave it a try.

My very first batch was a huge success. My family liked it and my friends took some to a birthday party where it was very well received. I'm quite proud of that. I came up with the recipe I used myself. I'm amazed it was any good at all to be honest. It was nothing special, just a simple Amber Ale using Saaz and Hallertau Mittelfruh with German Carahell and Light Munich.

I haven't had any alcohol for about a year now and I find myself wondering...can I understand this process enough to do this again? Hmm....

When I think about it, it's a shame to waste the knowledge I gained.

See you all around...I think.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
discooby
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Why return? Walk away, be happy. You can say that you’ve done it; you were successful and leave it at that, a feather in your cap! And, if you were such a success at brewing with your first batch, imagine what you could do in life with other things! Walk away from the alcohol, it’s not why we brew.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Vekta
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by discooby View Post
Why return? Walk away, be happy. You can say that you’ve done it; you were successful and leave it at that, a feather in your cap! And, if you were such a success at brewing with your first batch, imagine what you could do in life with other things! Walk away from the alcohol, it’s not why we brew.
I don't quite get what you're saying. In a way it seems that you may be assuming something that is not the case. Just because I said I haven't had alcohol in a year doesn't mean that's why I brew it either or that I have a problem with it. Unless you meant something else. *shrugs*

Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
mcl
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Alcohol is certainly a reason why I brew.

Quick Reply