New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > A long, slow pour into WHAT from a 22 oz bottle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
peripatetic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default A long, slow pour into WHAT from a 22 oz bottle?

Hey all,

I've read many posts giving the advice "pour from a bottle in one slow pour, leaving that last 1/4 inch in the bottle."

That's great advice, but I use 22 oz. bottles and I own 16 oz. glasses. I've found some possibilities for some pretty decent-looking glassware that could hold that much beer (plus head, so needs to be 24+ oz.).

What do you use? (and don't say "I use kegs" -- that doesn't help me! )

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/libbey-5272-sports-beer-25-oz-mug-12-cs/5515272.html

http://www.amazon.com/Prodyne-PF-24-Pilsner-Glass-24-oz/dp/B000M7MIKG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1257117777&sr=1-4

-------------------------------------------------
Donated all of my gear to my Paduan Learner before recent move to West Coast. Now I get to buy all new stuff, but I certainly don't have anything brewing right now!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2660 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 3451

I drink 22 ouncers in two pours. Basically I pour half the bottle into my glass, then when I've drunk it, I refill my glass.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
jbambuti
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Asked my wife to get me a couple of these as a gift for just the same reason. While a bit pricey, I love them for multiple reasons: if poured slowly, they hold a 22 ouncer with head, they're crystal so they make that cool sound, they're well-balanced, and they're dishwasher safe (although I only wash them by hand). Highly recommended.

http://www.surlatable.com/product/tabletop+%26+serving/glassware+%26+bar/cocktail+%26+beer/schott+zwiesel+bavaria+beer+glass%2C+22+oz..do?sor tby=ourPicks

Primary 2: Apfelwein

Primary 3: Air

Bottled: Hammered Squirrel Nut Brown Ale (btl. 5/9/10), Jamil's Evil Twin (btl. 3/29/10), Crazy Ivan RIS (btl. 2/14/10), English Pale Ale (btl. 12/29/09), Apfelwein

Up Next:

Old 11-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Rick500
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have 4 kind of like that too, but they're not as fancy at the base. 24 oz, I think.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
peripatetic
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbambuti View Post
Asked my wife to get me a couple of these as a gift for just the same reason. While a bit pricey, I love them for multiple reasons: if poured slowly, they hold a 22 ouncer with head, they're crystal so they make that cool sound, they're well-balanced, and they're dishwasher safe (although I only wash them by hand). Highly recommended.

http://www.surlatable.com/product/tabletop+%26+serving/glassware+%26+bar/cocktail+%26+beer/schott+zwiesel+bavaria+beer+glass%2C+22+oz..do?sor tby=ourPicks
Oh, yeah! I saw those too, and I thought they looked great. so, even though they are listed as 22oz, they're big enough, huh? I'll have to expand my search to include 22oz glasses.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------
Donated all of my gear to my Paduan Learner before recent move to West Coast. Now I get to buy all new stuff, but I certainly don't have anything brewing right now!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
bierhaus15
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I got one of those 1L glass mugs that weighs like 4lbs and can also be used as a blunt weapon. Great for keeping fratboys away from the kegerator!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 6

We bought 22 ounce pilsner glasses from Dollar Tree. Works great for those larger bottles.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #8
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I prefer the classic English nonic imperial pint myself.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
nostalgia
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

You need giant mug...OF DOOM!

My wife picked up this bad boy at the dollar store. I keg, but when I drink bombers I normally do it in two pours as a previous poster noted if I'm not using this 24oz monstrosity.

-Joe

Old 11-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Protip: get all glassware at Dollar tree.

Quick Reply