Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Like it in the can? Sierra Nevada to join the ranks of canning craft brews.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #51
duckmanco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I think the metallic taste many people pick up is all in their heads. I remember hearing someone from 21st amendment commenting on how the new cans have a water based liner inside the can that negates all of the metallic taste issues.

I'm sure not ALL the breweries use the same cans but still, the pepsi challenge with the same beer from bottles and cans should be done. I bet most don't notice a thing. Surly, Caldera, 21st A..... all of it tastes great to me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #52
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanco View Post
I think the metallic taste many people pick up is all in their heads.
I agree, I think the bias against them are so strong that people are going to think they're picking up on stuff like that. When in reality cans are not the same cans from 20 years ago. I mean we open soup and other products in cans all the time and don't detect anything. It's funny to watch folks respond that way, it's really just an anti bmc elitist beersnob bias and nothing more. BMC comes in cans, therefore cans are bad.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 05-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #53
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 320 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakadaka View Post

And I am somewhat disappointed, I have never liked beer from a can for some reason, its probably in my head, but I have compared a PBR from a can and from a bottle, and I thought the bottle was much better. Both were poured into a glass.
Did you pour them into the glass yourself, or did you have someone else pour them and serve them to you blind?

Old 05-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #54
tnshurtm
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
It might be partially in my head, but I still won't take it in the can.
This quote is awesome with no context...

I just hope they don't just sell 6-packs. It is way too expensive....30-pack of SNPA for me!!!!

Quick Reply