Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Lets send CRAIGTUBE some beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
HalfPint
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Lets send CRAIGTUBE some beer!

I've been subscribed to this guy for years and today I got an e-mail with a subscription update. He made a video where some people had sent him some gifts and he was basically giving them some recognition. I thought one of the gifts in particular was awesome. Someone sent him a PM kit from morebeer.com which I hope will slowly convert him into at minimum a PM brewer.

Anyways, I want to send him some of my best AG brews I've saved over the past year. I think I may send him a sixer with 6 different styles. I've got a porter, cream ale, APA, IPA, Stout, Brown, and a wheat that I've had in my beer closet for months now. All are good AG beers made by me.

I'm going to send him a message and hopefully he will send me his address.

Lets send this guy some beer,
J

P.S.
Here's the video I'm speaking of

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
beerjunky828
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is great. I love his shirt. And are those some funyuns?? I have not eaten a bag of funyuns in a few years.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
HalfPint
Recipes 

Yeah, the guy really loves making those videos, and I must admit, I enjoy watching the guy. I think the real reason why he tends to lean towards extract is because he hasn't tasted a great (cheap than extract) AG brew. With that said, I'd love to see him taste my beer.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
beerjunky828
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I watched some of his movies when I first wanted to get into homebrewing. While he may not present an array of great information, he at least showed how to make beer. It is so much easier to learn by watching someone else do it.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
HalfPint
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerjunky828 View Post
I watched some of his movies when I first wanted to get into homebrewing. While he may not present an array of great information, he at least showed how to make beer. It is so much easier to learn by watching someone else do it.
Absolutely. I'm sure tons of people have gotten into brewing because he's made it seem so easy.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
Erythro73
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Yeah, when I first looked on the Internet on how to make some beers, I stumbled into his videos and damn... it looked easy. That's one reason why I got into this hobby.

And he already talked about going to AG and stuff, on one of his videos. But he said the only reason he brews is because beers in Canada are way too expensive (25$ for a 24). He brews because he can save some money, and it doesn't take too much time. Some people here might need to put through their head that we're not all looking for the same thing, we brew for different reasons and we have a different amount of time & involvement to put into homebrewing. It's not like going into AG is the ultimate goal and the only way to make good beer.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
HalfPint
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythro73 View Post
Yeah, when I first looked on the Internet on how to make some beers, I stumbled into his videos and damn... it looked easy. That's one reason why I got into this hobby.

And he already talked about going to AG and stuff, on one of his videos. But he said the only reason he brews is because beers in Canada are way too expensive (25$ for a 24). He brews because he can save some money, and it doesn't take too much time. Some people here might need to put through their head that we're not all looking for the same thing, we brew for different reasons and we have a different amount of time & involvement to put into homebrewing. It's not like going into AG is the ultimate goal and the only way to make good beer.
I completely agree. I've seen his "argument" videos, and I know that he went into Homebrewing b/c it's more economical. With that said, and with as much as he brews, AG is the most economical choice.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:41 AM   #8
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPint View Post
I completely agree. I've seen his "argument" videos, and I know that he went into Homebrewing b/c it's more economical. With that said, and with as much as he brews, AG is the most economical choice.
AG is more economical if you consider your time free.....

Not everyone wants to spend 4-5 hours brewing a batch or to have the extra equipment and investments into the hobby.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 AM   #9
TheCookieMonster
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPint View Post
Yeah, the guy really loves making those videos, and I must admit, I enjoy watching the guy. I think the real reason why he tends to lean towards extract is because he hasn't tasted a great (cheap than extract) AG brew. With that said, I'd love to see him taste my beer.
He's not a beer tasting person. He told me himself that he's very 'meh' when it comes to beer. He litterally can't tell the difference between good and bad that's why it's almost a waste trying to give him craft.

He likes to drink, but I don't think he's interested in or would recognize a good craft.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #10
bkov
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

i like watching his videos but i think sending him anything is a waste

Quick Reply