New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #41
Rhoobarb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I had this at a get-together of local brewers, some of whom are HBT'ers. None of us like this beer! I am usually okay with thier Red, and really like the Creamy Dark and Bigg Butt Doppelbock. But this was easily the worst Leinie's I've ever had. I don't count the Summer Shandy as a beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #42
eschatz

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 15 Posts

I hated this beer. It's one of the few beers that I've had a hard time finishing (Steel Reserve, Mama Mia Pizza Beer, etc.). I thought it was total crap!

What's tappening? :D

Old 12-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #43
Kilgore_Trout
Recipes 

I got a leine's sampler for christmas.

Included 3 of these.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the other two... maybe I'll save them for when I let people try my nut brown, it will make me look better .

Very very watery, tastes like they took a standard lager and added a buttload of crystal and nut flavoring. Beeradvocate lists it as a winter warmer, which it definitely is not. It's not a nut brown ale either. I really do think it's just one of their other beers with coloring and flavoring... ugh.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #44
Brewkowski
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 23

To me it just came off wayyyy to sweet, which was not something I expected or really cared for. I thought there was lot of maple flavor in it, or maybe thats the hazelnut, but either way it was really a chore to finish the sixer my wife bought me. Normally I really like nut browns and until I read these posts, I had no idea Leine's were all lagers. That explains alot about some of the character that is missing in my opinion. I'm not sure how it got such good reviews, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought otherwise.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #45
Flic
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just tried this as my wife picked up a few winter seasonal's for me. I must say that I've tried many beers and this is hands down the most horrific beer I've ever tasted. This was undrinkable. My wife literally spit it out. I've never tried any of their other beers but I am now not in any hurry to do so......

Quick Reply