*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > At Last, the Sweet Taste of Success.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 05:31 AM   #1
beyondthepale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default At Last, the Sweet Taste of Success.

Finally, my IPA is ready to drink. It took a lot longer to condition than I had anticipated, I was even beginning to wonder if I had screwed up. But last week I noticed signs of progress, and this week it's ready. This is the first beer I've made in over four years, so I've been quivering with anticipation. It came out good, too, for a recipe thrown together in about five minutes with no research. Has a great head, dense and tight, that lasts right down to the bottom of a glass. Pretty good lacing, too.The aroma is a little more malty and a little less hoppy than I had wanted. I think I'll be dry hopping most of my pale ales from now on. The color, a deep amber with just a slight haze to it. The flavor is a little unbalanced, on the one hand sweeter than ideal, but yet with a slight harshness to the hop bitterness. It isn't bad though, in fact it's overall pretty good. Especially for a "practice" beer. So now I can TRULY relax, enjoy the fruits of all my labors, and wait with greater patience for the other brews I have going right now.

Bottled/Conditioning:

Bottled/Drinking: Monadnock IPA

Keg: Empty

Coming soon: Bravery's Prophecy, Muckraker Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #2
autoferret
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Congrats! Well just take your recipe and modify it and make another! I
m hoping my IPA comes out too

Primary: Local Honey Mead;
Secondary: Merlot;
Keg: "Experimental" American Ale; Kinda Nutty Brown Ale;
Bottled: "Oatie the Oatmeal Stout"; NB Saison; "666" by request; NB 115th Dream hopbursted;EdWort's Apfelwein
Up Coming: Imperial Oatmeal Stout; House IPA

Old 04-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Sounds good. Some of the more common IPA hops can be a little harsh at high levels. The easy solution is to use two or more bittering hops.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Quick Reply