Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Last Order with Midwest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
Jawbox0
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've had some great customer service from Midwest. They became my online store of choice when they saved a brew day by getting me yeast the next day when my LHBS happened to be out completely!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3301 Times on 2056 Posts
Likes Given: 2822

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoChef View Post
Maybe because it's Christmas time? Man, the lack of patience in some people really boggles my mind...
I disagree. Should be shipped within 24 hours, or you get a phone call / email.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
bonzombiekitty
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I don't know about your experience prior to this one, but the time I ordered from Midwest, they had it shipped by the end of the day.

It's christmas time, it's a popular website for home brewers, it's gonna be busy and it might take an extra day or two. Relax! I ordered stuff that's in stock from Amazon and it took them a couple days to ship it. 2-3 days is not an unreasonable amount of time considering the season and the overall size of the store (which can make it unreasonable to hire extra employees).

Last edited by bonzombiekitty; 12-16-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkatuw View Post
I stopped into Midwest on Friday evening and if you haven't been there before, it's a large warehouse and half of it is the store and the other half is the shipping dept. The entire shipping department had boxes packed with orders stacked 10-15 feet high! I asked one of the employees about it and he said it's been like that the entire month of December.

They're also trying to move to a new location. They were supposed to move on 12/1, but because of the huge number of orders, they had to postpone it until early next year.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Midwest, but it is the holiday season and if you aren't paying for expedited shipping, you should expect to wait a few days.
Ive been there in mid-summer and shipping was busy working side by side filling orders into boxes, etc. There's only so many people you can get in a geographic space.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #15
Jimmies
Recipes 

Ordering anything during the holiday season is nuts. I don't think a 3 day wait is all that bad, but I'm impatient too

Old 12-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #16
johntangus
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Last time that i ordered from them, i was worried that i wasn't going to get my order before the weekend because i hadn't heard from them. Turns out all was fine. I had ordered on Monday, and it was delivered by Fri.

I decided that they were just busy. Even though it took awhile for confirmation, the order had still shipped on schedule.

I've never had a problem with them. I've always been very pleased and will continue to do business and recommend them to others.

Why do you want to watch TV and listen to the stereo at the same time? Because I like to party.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
SevenFields
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkatuw View Post
I stopped into Midwest on Friday evening and if you haven't been there before, it's a large warehouse and half of it is the store and the other half is the shipping dept. The entire shipping department had boxes packed with orders stacked 10-15 feet high! I asked one of the employees about it and he said it's been like that the entire month of December.

They're also trying to move to a new location. They were supposed to move on 12/1, but because of the huge number of orders, they had to postpone it until early next year.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Midwest, but it is the holiday season and if you aren't paying for expedited shipping, you should expect to wait a few days.
Thanks for the info.
Its just a little frustrating because I have been ordering alot of things online these past few weeks and they all have shipped within a day or two.
Including a order from AHS. As long as I get it before Xmas I will be happy.
Now if they would just get some new recipe kits, all would be great!

Tap 1: Galaxy IPA
Tap 2: Bourbon Honey Brown Ale
Primary 1: Centential Blonde
Primary 2: Belgian IPA
Secondary:
Bottled: American Barleywine
On Deck: Torpedo IPA

Old 12-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
Trevor57
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

So besides Midwest not getting your order shipped immediately, is there any reason not to shop there?

Acronyms are FS

Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #19
riverfrontbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Shipping terms very clearly point out a 2-3 day wait during this time of year.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/Ordering.asp

I actually think that it is awesome that some of these HB stores are so busy....it means they are doing brisk business and there are alot of Hbers out there!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
JohnnyO
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 894 Times on 840 Posts
Likes Given: 491

I've noticed that midwest shipping tends to be a little slower than BMW, but they do have a good selection of recipe kits, and carry some items that I haven't found at BMW.

I just did an order through midwest, and it did not come as quickly as I would have liked, but I chalked it up to the Christmas season, and everyone being very busy.

There was a mixup with my order, and they shipped me a recipe kit for a bavarian wheat extract brew. That was in addition to my regular order.

I sent them an email to let them know that I had gotten this, and assumed they would be chalking this up as a loss. I received an email from them just before that said I could keep the kit for $10 or they would email me a shipping label to return the kit. I found this odd.

Quick Reply