Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Label Peelers says longer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #171
allenH
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2130 Times on 1192 Posts
Likes Given: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

I just think when this kind of feeding frenzy mentality gets going like it evidently has with the new delicious hops, huge number of brewers, and limited supply it's easy to get emotional about it. I know I was a little worried at first until I was able to get a little communication with the company, and realized that 1. They were doing the best they can, and 2. I was promised to get the hops I payed for. Now if I had payed for hops, didn't get them, and missed out on deals elsewhere I would be pretty pissed and want some kind of compensation for bad business. So far I fortunately haven't heard anyone having that experience. This was my first experience with Label Peelers but I will definitely be doing this again next year if they offer it. If I seem a little overly vocal it's because I love that they did this because I don't have time to sit there checking on websites to order what I need before it sells out, and I am a patient person. Waiting a couple months for prime hops is no big deal to me. I just don't want it to be that there are so many people bitching that they decide to not do this anymore.
Hopefully they will do this next year, I will certainly order from them again. This was new for them and I'm sure they didn't expect the massive amount of orders once it got posted on this forum. I certainly don't like stalking websites to try to get a pound of hops when they release them little by little and I don't like paying $30 for 8oz from the big online homebrew sites when I need them in June.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #172
kman6234
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Just got confirmation that my # of citra and Amarillo have shipped. It took longer then expected but I'm a happy customer. Being able to pre-order was worth the wait for me since I didn't have to sit around refreshing another vendors website all day trying to snag the hops I wanted.

On Deck: Jamil's Evil Twin
Primary: N/A
Conditioning:Bohemian Pilsner
On Tap:Win-Sane IPA #3, Double Minor Dubbel

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry

Old 12-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #173
brewguyver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlHungus76

+1 More hops for us eh bottlebomber? I don't think you told him how to feel either.
Make that +2. I'm going to go check the place out on my way to visit the GDR's in Akron. Can't say I'd complain if someone's canceled citra order is sitting in the cooler.

I just got my shipping notice as well - looking forward to making some Pliney and Kern River Citra goodness. Based on BB's description of the product, it seems like it'll be worth the wait.

Brewguyver - the man who does everything wrong so you won't have to!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #174
KarlHungus76
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Got am email from the guy Matt (dont know him personally but appears to be an owner i think) and he said they will do it again next year, however they will put in big bold letters that they cannot guarantee timing. They shipped 800 orders from in last 48 hours.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #175
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 291 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlHungus76 View Post
Got am email from the guy Matt (dont know him personally but appears to be an owner i think) and he said they will do it again next year, however they will put in big bold letters that they cannot guarantee timing. They shipped 800 orders from in last 48 hours.
Wow, that's a ton of hops. Good enough reason to put up with emails for a while. Imagining they shipped anywhere from 1600-3200 pounds of hops in 2 days, that's crazy.

-Retired Homebrewer

Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #176
HawksBrewer
Audible Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1028 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Got my shipping confirmation yesterday as well. 2# of citra and 1# of amarillo

Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #177
theBFG
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Got mine as well, 1# of Citra and 1# of Amarillo pellets

Old 12-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #178
lewybrewing
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Mine shipped today. I really don't know if I would order from them again. I completely understand the mess they got themselves into, but the bottom line is they created it. A simple email listing the problems would of worked wonders for them. Communication is the key. With the email update this thread would not exist. Plain and simple.

Twitter @lewybrewing

Proud BNArmy and QUAFF member

Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #179
bink00
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Got my shipping notification for my amarillo! worth the wait. I think they handled this just fine. Ill order from them again.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #180
HawksBrewer
Audible Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1028 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bink00 View Post
Got my shipping notification for my amarillo! worth the wait. I think they handled this just fine. Ill order from them again.
Agreed. We created the mess w/ OUR demand for citra and other proprietary hops. Brew something else or stock up for the year and you won't be concerned w/ a month of waiting.

If someone pre-ordered hops and was told they would be unable to fulfill their order then that would be reason for complaint and a completely different story. Happy brewing.

Quick Reply