Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Label Peelers says longer!
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #101
Munchman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kensington, CT
Posts: 55
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehause

I would understand if they were processing the hops themselves,(bagging, pelletizing) but as far as I know, they are just a distributor.

When I receive the exact same product from a number of other distributors in days, I will be upset with the distributor that has had my money for many weeks without any product to show for it.

It's business...simple as that. If you can't satisfy your orders that you've had people pre-pay for in a timely manner, that's bad business.
Agreed you should never exceed your ability to deliver good customer service. Maybe I've been spoiled by service from places like Amazon but its what I expect now.
__________________
Munchman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #102
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sudsmcgee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Chicago Burbs, IL
Posts: 1,517
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

I believe this is the first time they offered a pre-pay option, and I think it overwhelmed them. They probably won't do it again, or at least they will create more reasonable cutoffs.

The bottom line is that they were the only company to allow pre-orders that I am aware of. We are lucky they even did this.

__________________

"If you're here for the premature ejaculators meeting, you've come too soon."

sudsmcgee is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #103
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,267
Liked 2661 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmcgee
I believe this is the first time they offered a pre-pay option, and I think it overwhelmed them. They probably won't do it again, or at least they will create more reasonable cutoffs.

The bottom line is that they were the only company to allow pre-orders that I am aware of. We are lucky they even did this.
+1. I'd much rather have the guarantee of hops and wait a couple months than have to check some website every 15 minutes to see if they've released and sold out. I hope people bitching doesn't affect them doing this next year.
__________________
bottlebomber is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #104
graduate
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 155
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I don't see the guarantee.

__________________
graduate is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #105
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,267
Liked 2661 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduate
I don't see the guarantee.
Before I even purchased, I called and asked if buying the preorder was a guarantee of getting the hops and was assured that it was. If I didn't end up getting hops I preordered I would be requesting some serious butt kissing on their part if they expected to to retain me as a repeat customer.
__________________
bottlebomber is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #106
whitehause
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fleetwood, Pa
Posts: 1,109
Liked 140 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Before I even purchased, I called and asked if buying the preorder was a guarantee of getting the hops and was assured that it was. If I didn't end up getting hops I preordered I would be requesting some serious butt kissing on their part if they expected to to retain me as a repeat customer.
There are already people that aren't getting their full orders. They have gone so far as too call people and ask them to take less hops than they ordered or switch to something else.

If you set a date, you need to stick to it. Yes sh!t happens, but being in business myself, you can't take peoples money and then give excuses for weeks on end and not expect people to be upset. It may very well be the suppliers that dropped the ball, but the suppliers didn't take the pre-orders and have people pay up front, so the blame lies with LP.

Did they make a mistake with the pre orders?....it would appear so. Will they do this again? I don't think they will. I think they now realize why all the other vendors release their hops as they get them. I'm just glad I didn't put all my eggs in one basket with them, but I'm sure a lot of other people did.
__________________
Screw it, Lets brew it

Primary 1- BM's Cream of three crops.
Primary 2- Paleface Scalper
Primary 3- Monks Reward (Kreuzberg)
Kegged - Honey Badger, Heady topper clone 1, Indian Paleface Scalper
Bottled- Skeptical Dog winter Lager, Hell's Belgian, Old Dutch Hiefer Hefe,Aphlewein, Chocolate Thunder porter, Jacked up lantern
whitehause is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #107
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,267
Liked 2661 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehause

There are already people that aren't getting their full orders. They have gone so far as too call people and ask them to take less hops than they ordered or switch to something else.

If you set a date, you need to stick to it. Yes sh!t happens, but being in business myself, you can't take peoples money and then give excuses for weeks on end and not expect people to be upset. It may very well be the suppliers that dropped the ball, but the suppliers didn't take the pre-orders and have people pay up front, so the blame lies with LP.

Did they make a mistake with the pre orders?....it would appear so. Will they do this again? I don't think they will. I think they now realize why all the other vendors release their hops as they get them. I'm just glad I didn't put all my eggs in one basket with them, but I'm sure a lot of other people did.
You're totally correct. I think maybe they thought that with the huge amount of cash involved in securing that amount of hops they felt better knowing they were all sold, and underestimated the incredible demand of the market; who knows. I got my hops and it will get me through another year. I hope everyone else gets what they were after, and I hope next year is a better year for supply.
__________________
bottlebomber is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #108
theneighbrohood
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I got my 2012 hops 2 weeks ago from yakimavalleyhops.com - Fast deliver and great pricing. However, they did not have Amarillo or some other varieties.
Also, None of the bags had hop union listed on them *Shruggs* - I dunno


Moderator Edit: theneighbrohood is the owner of or runs Yakima Valley Hops. I'm leaving this post up so that members here can interpret this posting and respond as they think appropriate.

Pappers_
__________________
theneighbrohood is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 AM   #109
jstuts2260
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 71
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I have emailed 3 freakin times and have yet to get a response. The fact that they weren't able to fulfill their orders is one thing, the lack of communication is another...but more than anything I didn't buy my Citra hops from farmhousebrewsupply because I "bought" these literally the day before. One thing for sure...I'm done with this freakin company.

...I know that other people are getting their orders. Any suggestions?

__________________
jstuts2260 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #110
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West, Florida
Posts: 5,175
Liked 455 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneighbrohood
I got my 2012 hops 2 weeks ago from yakimavalleyhops.com - Fast deliver and great pricing. However, they did not have Amarillo or some other varieties.
Also, None of the bags had hop union listed on them *Shruggs* - I dunno

Moderator Edit: theneighbrohood is the owner of or runs Yakima Valley Hops. I'm leaving this post up so that members here can interpret this posting and respond as they think appropriate.

Pappers_
That's kinda like advertising, being helpful, informative, and spamming the forum all at the same time. Feel like they coulda just said hey we got em if your lookin for em instead of posing as a fake satisfied customer.
__________________

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/cascades-key-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Soon to be filled
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

KeyWestBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Label Peelers 1234 Company Reviews 25 06-13-2014 03:16 PM
Ferment longer, or leave in bottles longer? Schuey102000 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 09-28-2012 09:12 PM
Label Peelers just restocked 30 hops Calichusetts General Beer Discussion 1 01-09-2012 09:03 PM
label peelers kosmokramer General Beer Discussion 1 11-14-2011 10:43 PM