Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Label Peelers says longer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #101
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I believe this is the first time they offered a pre-pay option, and I think it overwhelmed them. They probably won't do it again, or at least they will create more reasonable cutoffs.

The bottom line is that they were the only company to allow pre-orders that I am aware of. We are lucky they even did this.

"If you're here for the premature ejaculators meeting, you've come too soon."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #102
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2701 Times on 2092 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmcgee
I believe this is the first time they offered a pre-pay option, and I think it overwhelmed them. They probably won't do it again, or at least they will create more reasonable cutoffs.

The bottom line is that they were the only company to allow pre-orders that I am aware of. We are lucky they even did this.
+1. I'd much rather have the guarantee of hops and wait a couple months than have to check some website every 15 minutes to see if they've released and sold out. I hope people bitching doesn't affect them doing this next year.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #103
graduate
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't see the guarantee.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #104
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduate
I don't see the guarantee.
Before I even purchased, I called and asked if buying the preorder was a guarantee of getting the hops and was assured that it was. If I didn't end up getting hops I preordered I would be requesting some serious butt kissing on their part if they expected to to retain me as a repeat customer.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #105
whitehause
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Before I even purchased, I called and asked if buying the preorder was a guarantee of getting the hops and was assured that it was. If I didn't end up getting hops I preordered I would be requesting some serious butt kissing on their part if they expected to to retain me as a repeat customer.
There are already people that aren't getting their full orders. They have gone so far as too call people and ask them to take less hops than they ordered or switch to something else.

If you set a date, you need to stick to it. Yes sh!t happens, but being in business myself, you can't take peoples money and then give excuses for weeks on end and not expect people to be upset. It may very well be the suppliers that dropped the ball, but the suppliers didn't take the pre-orders and have people pay up front, so the blame lies with LP.

Did they make a mistake with the pre orders?....it would appear so. Will they do this again? I don't think they will. I think they now realize why all the other vendors release their hops as they get them. I'm just glad I didn't put all my eggs in one basket with them, but I'm sure a lot of other people did.

Primary 1- BM's Cream of three crops.
Primary 2- Paleface Scalper
Primary 3- Monks Reward (Kreuzberg)
Kegged - Honey Badger, Heady topper clone 1, Indian Paleface Scalper
Bottled- Skeptical Dog winter Lager, Hell's Belgian, Old Dutch Hiefer Hefe,Aphlewein, Chocolate Thunder porter, Jacked up lantern

Old 12-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #106
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehause

There are already people that aren't getting their full orders. They have gone so far as too call people and ask them to take less hops than they ordered or switch to something else.

If you set a date, you need to stick to it. Yes sh!t happens, but being in business myself, you can't take peoples money and then give excuses for weeks on end and not expect people to be upset. It may very well be the suppliers that dropped the ball, but the suppliers didn't take the pre-orders and have people pay up front, so the blame lies with LP.

Did they make a mistake with the pre orders?....it would appear so. Will they do this again? I don't think they will. I think they now realize why all the other vendors release their hops as they get them. I'm just glad I didn't put all my eggs in one basket with them, but I'm sure a lot of other people did.
You're totally correct. I think maybe they thought that with the huge amount of cash involved in securing that amount of hops they felt better knowing they were all sold, and underestimated the incredible demand of the market; who knows. I got my hops and it will get me through another year. I hope everyone else gets what they were after, and I hope next year is a better year for supply.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #107
theneighbrohood
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got my 2012 hops 2 weeks ago from yakimavalleyhops.com - Fast deliver and great pricing. However, they did not have Amarillo or some other varieties.
Also, None of the bags had hop union listed on them *Shruggs* - I dunno

Moderator Edit: theneighbrohood is the owner of or runs Yakima Valley Hops. I'm leaving this post up so that members here can interpret this posting and respond as they think appropriate.

Pappers_

Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #108
jstuts2260
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have emailed 3 freakin times and have yet to get a response. The fact that they weren't able to fulfill their orders is one thing, the lack of communication is another...but more than anything I didn't buy my Citra hops from farmhousebrewsupply because I "bought" these literally the day before. One thing for sure...I'm done with this freakin company.

...I know that other people are getting their orders. Any suggestions?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #109
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 528 Times on 410 Posts
Likes Given: 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneighbrohood
I got my 2012 hops 2 weeks ago from yakimavalleyhops.com - Fast deliver and great pricing. However, they did not have Amarillo or some other varieties.
Also, None of the bags had hop union listed on them *Shruggs* - I dunno

Moderator Edit: theneighbrohood is the owner of or runs Yakima Valley Hops. I'm leaving this post up so that members here can interpret this posting and respond as they think appropriate.

Pappers_
That's kinda like advertising, being helpful, informative, and spamming the forum all at the same time. Feel like they coulda just said hey we got em if your lookin for em instead of posing as a fake satisfied customer.

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Muddy Waters Bourbon Mocha Stout
Primary : London System Southern English Brown
On Tap : Pumpkin Pie Cider, Cash Rules Everything Around Me CREAM Ale, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #110
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 205 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing

That's kinda like advertising, being helpful, informative, and spamming the forum all at the same time. Feel like they coulda just said hey we got em if your lookin for em instead of posing as a fake satisfied customer.
It's not really helpful if it's an outright lie.

Quick Reply