Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Label Peelers says longer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #91
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchman View Post
My big thing on this is the lack of communication. If you are going to completely blow deadlines and additional new deadlines, then at least communicate. People want to know what is going on that's causing the delay and what they are doing to resolve it. Mass emails are not hard to send out.
I just logged into my account to look at the order status, and there was a long update message entered 11/22. Nothing new, same stuff we are already aware of, basically the same text I received in an email update a week or so ago. So while it is a generic "got less hops than we hoped for" message at least they have communicated through a couple channels.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #92
Munchman
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah I didn't get any email and I haven't seen any message on my account yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrewski

I just logged into my account to look at the order status, and there was a long update message entered 11/22. Nothing new, same stuff we are already aware of, basically the same text I received in an email update a week or so ago. So while it is a generic "got less hops than we hoped for" message at least they have communicated through a couple channels.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #93
Normmouth
Recipes 

I was in there today picking up a black Friday order. They are so swamped filling orders no one is up front until someone walks in the door then they come out from the pack to help. They are still getting hops and filling the pre orders and the other orders from their weekend sale. They are running out of space. They had to move other inventory outside to make room for the stacks of hop boxes.

Just to clarify as well, they are not down the street from hopunion. They are down the street from ld Carlson the main distributor. They have to go to Carlson to pickup the hops as the hops come in there.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 AM   #94
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Yeah I tried to call them and the phone was busy several times in a row. Must be super busy. Like an accountant in March.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #95
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 95

You guys are ordering the wrong type of hops. Order German and English and there will be no delay. Sheesh! who can stand those American "C" hops??

Old 11-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #96
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

You haves a point, just one pound of the "hot" hops has put me in purgatory.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #97
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Chill out people. Did any other vendors take pre-orders this year? Might they be just a LITTLE busy as a result of their choice to do so? They're only human, and we're only making beer, not curing illness.

"If you're here for the premature ejaculators meeting, you've come too soon."

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #98
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmcgee
Chill put people. Did anyone any other vendors take pre-orders this year? Might they be just a LITTLE busy as a result of their choice to do so? They're only human, and we're only making beer not curing illness.
I had this horrible knee pain for about a week. No reason I could find that it hurt. Couldnt exercise, had trouble navigating stairs.

Had a few bottles of a lovely yeasty hefeweizen one night and awoke the next day pain free. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I think it was the beer.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #99
TNGabe
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2159 Times on 1460 Posts
Likes Given: 2129

I ordered two pounds last Friday during the sale. One of the few places with Nelson Sauvin pounds and the only place I could find Sorachi Ace. Only had SA by the oz, but with 20% discount, I went ahead and ordered a pound. Labelpeelers charged my card Monday, but order status was still processing. I figured they were slammed from the sale, no biggie. Got a call yesterday that SA ozs weren't in, but they'd gotten pounds in and could refund me the 10$ more ozs would have cost. Got tracking and credit info in under an hour after I got off the phone with Matt. Will definitely be ordering from labelpeelers again.

Why spend 5 minutes reading when you can just start another thread?

Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #100
whitehause
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmcgee View Post
Chill out people. Did any other vendors take pre-orders this year? Might they be just a LITTLE busy as a result of their choice to do so? They're only human, and we're only making beer, not curing illness.
I would understand if they were processing the hops themselves,(bagging, pelletizing) but as far as I know, they are just a distributor.

When I receive the exact same product from a number of other distributors in days, I will be upset with the distributor that has had my money for many weeks without any product to show for it.

It's business...simple as that. If you can't satisfy your orders that you've had people pre-pay for in a timely manner, that's bad business.

Primary 1- BM's Cream of three crops.
Primary 2- Paleface Scalper
Primary 3- Monks Reward (Kreuzberg)
Kegged - Honey Badger, Heady topper clone 1, Indian Paleface Scalper
Bottled- Skeptical Dog winter Lager, Hell's Belgian, Old Dutch Hiefer Hefe,Aphlewein, Chocolate Thunder porter, Jacked up lantern

Quick Reply