New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Label Peelers says longer!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
graduate
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Label Peelers says longer!

Now label Peelers says that pre orders for hops will be 2-3 more weeks before shipment! WTF!! It was 2 weeks before.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Xpertskir
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 346 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Wow, they are going to have a bunch of whiny home brewers on their hands. This actually works out ok with me so long as I actually get my hops.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
NervousDad
BFM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 162 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 178

Hmm I ordered yesterday, they still had Citra, did I pre order?? O well as long as I get them I don't mind the wait. Not using them until next month anyway.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
brewguyver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Hey Charlie, how bout them hops?

5 weeks Turkish

It was two weeks 5 weeks ago!

Seriously though I'm not in much of a rush. I *may* see if they're able to do pick-up at the store - I have to be in Akron area in December to check out wedding venues.

Brewguyver - the man who does everything wrong so you won't have to!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
matt2778
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This will be my final order from label peelers. I feel like they're pulling a bait and switch move on me. I don't mind waiting a bit but when a supplier is blowing smoke it irritates the hell out of me. I also found the stop bothering us bulk email they sent all of their customers a bit arrogant considering they have our money. I think I'll stick with farm house for all my future hop purchases.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Lgaddy44
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts

I too made a pre order with them (in late September). I ordered a couple pounds of 3 different hops. I haven't received them yet but I called them the other day, and was told not to worry, I should get them in a couple weeks. Personally, I'm okay with that. My main concern was ensuring that I'd get my order filled, and not be told at the last second, they ran out, then possibly losing the opportunity to place an order with another vendor.

The gentleman I spoke with was very friendly and polite, advising me of the large number of orders to be filled. I don't want to speak for them, or get anyone into a frenzy, but I was told that due to the large number of orders, and shortages of certain varieties, it is possible that some of the pre-orders that were made later, may be at risk. I was assured that my order was made early enough that I shouldn't have to worry, but I'm still tempted to place another order, to be sure I have the supply to last me for a while.

I am in no way trying to give negative feedback on their business, simply sharing my personal situation. This was the first order I've placed with them, and I hope I can continue to give them my business in the future.

Maverick Moon Miner Brewing

Old 11-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
scottland
Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Good lord, chill out people.

A. Hops are an agricultural product. Harvest times vary, the harvest seemed to wrap up later this year than years past.
B. Label Peelers doesn't grow, process, or package hops. They are totally at the mercy of their supplier, which might be HopUnion directly. They were given an estimate which they told their customers, that estimate was pushed back. It's not like have 500 lbs of hops in the freezer and they are watching you all squirm.
C. They are being rather transparent and forthcoming with updates.

Why all the sudden is buying new hops like buying a new iPhone for something. People, chill the F out, they're just hops. It's just beer.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
djstabby
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I just received my shipment confirmation and tracking number from Label Peelers last night. I think they are just giving a broad time frame to make sure that everything is shipped out by the end of their deadline...or I just got lucky and was towards the top of the list. I ordered on 9/25 if that means anything.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Backporchbrewery
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

"I don't want to speak for them, or get anyone into a frenzy, but I was told that due to the large number of orders, and shortages of certain varieties, it is possible that some of the pre-orders that were made later, may be at risk."

I don't know, they claim that they are so close to the supplier that they get hops in 5 days a week. Not being able to fill pre-orders when you know ahead of time how much you'll need (whole purpose of pre-order) is unacceptable. I don't mind waiting, but if it ends up I pre-ordered and they don't have the supply to fill the order then I'll never use them again. The only reason to pre-order anything is to guarantee you get what you wanted in the case that things sell out. To pre-order and still not receive the product is just terrible business.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Lgaddy44
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts

UPDATE: I just received an email saying my order shipped. Thank you Label Peelers!

Maverick Moon Miner Brewing

Quick Reply