Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Krausen Falling Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
ChefMichael01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Krausen Falling Question

They say there are no stupid questions only stupid people, so with that in mind.....

I've noticed that my beers that get high krausen sometimes don't completely fall. For example, this happened in my lemongrass wheat (which I believe now is infected) and after about 4 weeks in primary, when i was racking to my bottling bucket, I had to get the racking cane through a good inch or two of krausen. This hasn't only happened with my possibly-infected beer.

Some of this may just be residual proteins stuck to my better bottles but wanted to see if there is any reason to be concerned about this or if this says anything about my brewing/sanitation regiments (I primary for 3-4 weeks and use star san and obviously do not rinse or fear the bubbles).

Thanks all.

Primary 4 - (empty)
Bottle Conditioning - Apfelwein; AHS Shiner Bock Clone
Consuming - Keep Austin UnCommon (steam beer); Spiced Pumpkin Ale; Spiced Christmas Ale; BM's SWMBO Slayer; Irish Red Ale; St Patty's Dry Stout; Ancho Chili Porter
Up to Bat - Caramel Cream Ale; BBS Harold is Weisen; IPA; Summer Citrus Weisen; [Munich/??] SMaSH
Discarded (sad, I know) AHS Lemongrass Wheat Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply