Kicking my Birthday off right!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
I Just mashed in on my first batch of two today! Took my Birthday off to get the pipeline built up again. Also got my shanks, faucets, and lines all hooked up last night on the kegerator! Wish me luck, and thanks for all the great advise over the past year! :mug:

Awesome plan for a birthday, got any pics?

Happy Birthday btw!

Hey happy birthday to you and Me. I wish I could have done the same today, but I am stuck at work behind my computer :( have one in my name!!!

That's what I did yesterday on my Birthday. Took the day off and brewed a beer.

I was hoping to wake up to a new SS Mash Tun that I had asked for. Sent a link to the folks and never heard what I wanted for my b-day after that.

Thought my SWMBO was hiding it from me. Woke up, and no Mash Tun. A card with a check for the amount of the Mash Tun requested. :confused:

Damn, another Partial Mash. So I went Hoppy and added other steps.

Bought myself a new French Press and pressed 1 oz of Cascades and 1 oz Centennial after steeping for an hour.

Tossed into the fermenter.

Repeated it with the same hops and new water.

Tossed into the fermenter with a Gallon of cold water.

Took those spent hops and lined my strainer with them and added another 1 oz of fresh Cascades.

At pull off, 'ladeled' about 3 qtrs of HOT wort through the Hop bed in the strainer. Cooled the rest and poured it through the hop/strainer.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Back