Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Kegerator (Discount Tommy)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
jlc767
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Kegerator (Discount Tommy)

I have been doing lots of research and reading reviews and it just seems like most of the available name brands are just using cheap parts / equipment. These guys seem like they've got a really nice product. Thoughts?!

Was hoping for some feedback from you guys... any of you own it!?

http://www.discounttommy.com/Shop/Co...id/0/SFV/32282

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Stee...1648874&sr=8-1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
devilishprune
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I'm thinking that you can make one yourself for MUCH less money that will hold MANY more kegs. I mean for that price you can buy a full size fridge or freezer on craigslist, a kegging system, as well as a conversion thermostat.

My experience with discount tommy? I bought a Victoria (corona style) mill from them and the hopper wouldn't even fit onto it. Whenever I want to use it I have to duct tape it onto the mill.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
MistyMountainHops
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishprune View Post
I'm thinking that you can make one yourself for MUCH less money that will hold MANY more kegs. I mean for that price you can buy a full size fridge or freezer on craigslist, a kegging system, as well as a conversion thermostat.
+1

I am not "handy" per se and I built a dope keezer with all new parts, freezer included - for less than this and it holds way more kegs. Do a little research on this site, specifically under the DIY and kegging/bottling tabs and you will soon find you can make something much more functional, less expensive, and have the personal satisfaction of DIY. Good luck!

"Offered a Bud Light, and a glass of water - I'd drink the water. You only have one liver, don't waste it on bad beer." - Brock Wagner

Quick Reply