Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > keg help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
chrisdesoup
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I got both. Ball lock for soda and pin for homebrew. I found when I went from soda to beer (in the same keg) I needed to change everything or scrub like heck. I also found it was easier to visually ID who is drinking what (damn kids).

as for the pins on the pin lock and the lids, I just picked up a custom socket and a couple extra ball lock lids.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
RuffRider
Master Chief's Brewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I like the pin lock better because they are usually shorter. The old coke kegs were shorter than their pepsi ball lock counterparts and they fit in my kegerator better. A $4 piece of plastic can be bought as a pressure relief tool on most kegging suppliers that sell pin lock kegs. Also, a specialized socket for removing the pin locks can also be purchased cheaply and they work great. I guess I'm a pin lock guy. But to be fair, it's all I've ever had.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Haven't done kegging yet (trying to find a SWMBO approved fridge as we speak), but from years of dealing with Coke and Pepsi fountain machines, I am going with Pin Lock, for the simple reason if you get the hoses mixed up it can be a real pain the the rear with ball locks, but you can't put them on the wrong post with pin locks.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS