The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Just Want to Spread the Joy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
Shish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Just Want to Spread the Joy

I brewed my first beer last Thursday. I had done a cider before that in a brew bucket and never got the satisfying bubbling in the air lock. Well, I used a 6.5 g carboy this time, and my beer has provided the bubbling I was missing! The yeast are swimming, and it's been blub blubbing since Thursday. It just makes me want to dance, and I had to share somewhere, everyone at home is tired of hearing about it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #2
Jbird
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I remember I first brew. It is sweet. All I wanted to do is just sit there and watch the airlock. My wife thought I was nuts and well still thinks that. There is something that I enjoy about home brewing. I'm not sure still what that is. I work a lot and maybe it's being outside when it's dark boiling and drinking a home brew by myself and the dog. It just gives me a since of pride.

My wife doesn't like beer and frankly she could care less about me talking about brewing. She will listen but I think the only thing she hears is "I have to spend this much time or spend this much money". I may not know everything but I still love to talk about brewing.
Let me know how it taste. I'm going to brew a chipotle beer in a few weeks! I'll let you know how it comes out.
Happy brewing.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Shish
Recipes 

My boyfriend brews as well, but he's already had the first batch thrill. He pretty much just pats me on the head. I'm making an American Amber Ale w/ 1056 from a Brewer's Best extract kit.

We have a local brewery called Jack's Abbey that specializes in smoked laugers. They've been doing flavored barrel batches, one of them was a chipotle. They also did a peanut butter, as well as one called Fire on the Ham where they used beech wood. It honest to God tasted like ham.

Quick Reply