Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > just want to know a few things

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
wvBeerLover
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default just want to know a few things

hey all,

I'm about to order the oatmeal stout from midwest just want to see if anyone has add brown surgar and a cinn. stick to it. I was thinking this might add a bit more well mmmmm to it...lol.. if so how much of each did u add ad when did u add it?

The other thing i would like to know is does anyone know if there is a brewing supply place here in west virginia?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
kharmajavah
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've never added cinnamon or brown sugar to an oatmeal stout, but I've used them in a pumpkin spice ale that turned out nice.

One thing about spices (the cinnamon) to keep in mind: a little touch is nice, but it's REALLY easy to overdo it. I wouldn't use more than a couple or three sticks; once I had a pumpkin spice ale that was so full of cinammon and all-spice that I almost puked

The brown sugar (say a cup or so) I think will add some body to the beer and increase the ABV a bit, but I don't know for sure about taste. Actually, I don't know that much about brown sugar in beer in general

Old 03-02-2009, 03:17 AM   #3
stillstoked
Recipes 

if your not to far from the Va. line in harrisonburg there is a great store called the frementationtrap in ruckersville

Old 03-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
twst1up
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 19

whereabouts in wv? I'm in fairmont myself. Theres a place in morgantown but i usually order my supplies online

you can take the boy outta New Jersey...

Quick Reply