Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Just a couple questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
sawbossFogg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Just a couple questions.

Hey folks, I'll keep it short, but looking for some direction. Been brewing off and on for about 15 years. Starting from scratch with a new modest all grain setup. Can't really afford multiple burners or kettles, so I'm gonna stick w the cooler mashing. However, I would like to start direct firing mash, but like I said$$..Anyway, staring w a 15 gallon Stout kettle. I'm ready for a pump and looking forward to whirlpool coning. My big question is should I use a plate chiller as I whirl the wort and subsequently use an aerator or just stick with immersion chilling/aerating in the fermentor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
duboman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 461 Times on 428 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbossFogg
Hey folks, I'll keep it short, but looking for some direction. Been brewing off and on for about 15 years. Starting from scratch with a new modest all grain setup. Can't really afford multiple burners or kettles, so I'm gonna stick w the cooler mashing. However, I would like to start direct firing mash, but like I said$$..Anyway, staring w a 15 gallon Stout kettle. I'm ready for a pump and looking forward to whirlpool coning. My big question is should I use a plate chiller as I whirl the wort and subsequently use an aerator or just stick with immersion chilling/aerating in the fermentor.
IMO if you are looking at setting up what appears to be a single twit system or a tower set up and adding pumps then for sure get a plate chiller, it's just logical.

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the "art" of beer since 2010

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply