Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Just commited taste bud suicide...
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
timduncan200021
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san antonio, texas
Posts: 69
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Default Just commited taste bud suicide...

So I was just at a gas station with a buddy of mine, a die hard bud man, and he was picking up some his beer and I was along for the ride. My first brew just finished recently and I have been trying to get him to try it but he is dead set against it saying that nothing is better then bud. Now I get that to each their own and if he is happy with bud then so be it, but I am really excited by the beer I made and think it tastes fantastic and want someone else to try it. At the gas station he agrees he will try my beer only after I finish a 40 of schlitz malt liquor.... Now I have drank some of these in college but I forgot just how nasty they taste. I downed the 40 and he tried my beer and lo and behold he likes it a lot. The sacrifices I make for my friends to introduce them to good beer. #takingonefortheteam

__________________
timduncan200021 is offline
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
b-boy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
 
b-boy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Frozen Tundra, NY
Posts: 2,744
Liked 542 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Default

Did you drink the 40 out of a paper bag? I believe that's the proper serving vessel for that style. It enhances the lack of hops, and it keeps you from getting arrested.

__________________

Never underestimate the potential of someone who refuses to act their age.

b-boy is offline
7
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 964 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Fortunately, taste buds usually grow back...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #4
timduncan200021
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san antonio, texas
Posts: 69
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Default

I did not drink it out of a paper bag... That must be why it tastes so horrible but I did play some old school rap for the occasion, it added to the ambience

__________________
timduncan200021 is offline
davekippen Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #5
beerbeerbeer123
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 331
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timduncan200021 View Post
So I was just at a gas station with a buddy of mine, a die hard bud man, and he was picking up some his beer and I was along for the ride. My first brew just finished recently and I have been trying to get him to try it but he is dead set against it saying that nothing is better then bud. Now I get that to each their own and if he is happy with bud then so be it, but I am really excited by the beer I made and think it tastes fantastic and want someone else to try it. At the gas station he agrees he will try my beer only after I finish a 40 of schlitz malt liquor.... Now I have drank some of these in college but I forgot just how nasty they taste. I downed the 40 and he tried my beer and lo and behold he likes it a lot. The sacrifices I make for my friends to introduce them to good beer. #takingonefortheteam
Your a real friend bro
__________________
beerbeerbeer123 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #6
beerbeerbeer123
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 331
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
Did you drink the 40 out of a paper bag? I believe that's the proper serving vessel for that style. It enhances the lack of hops, and it keeps you from getting arrested.
classic
__________________
beerbeerbeer123 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
iambeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wash, DC
Posts: 1,236
Liked 158 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timduncan200021 View Post
I did not drink it out of a paper bag... That must be why it tastes so horrible but I did play some old school rap for the occasion, it added to the ambience
uh huh...
Here's 39.5 ounces for my homies.
__________________
To wine-drinking they are very much given, and it is not permitted for a man to vomit or to make water in presence of another. --Heredotus, on the subject of Persians
iambeer is offline
sundaypapers Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 AM   #8
davekippen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davekippen's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
Posts: 1,247
Liked 160 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 417

Default

This is awesome. You HAVE to either drink out of a bag or pour some out for the homies. No doubt.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Zombie yeast wants graaaaaaaiiins!!!!!!
Hit me on Untappd https://untappd.com/user/davekippen
davekippen is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 AM   #9
beerbeerbeer123
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 331
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
This is awesome. You HAVE to either drink out of a bag or pour some out for the homies. No doubt.
word is bond dog
__________________
beerbeerbeer123 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #10
B2Barleywine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 90
Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I'm sorry, friends don't let friends drink Schlitz

__________________
B2Barleywine is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beer suicide FuzzeWuzze General Beer Discussion 33 11-23-2012 04:32 PM
What are your views on suicide? Airborneguy Debate Forum 43 05-01-2011 04:56 PM
oops. Commited on grains, have to juggle hops Poindexter Recipes/Ingredients 1 07-06-2009 07:01 AM
Bubble suicide... tireater General Beer Discussion 5 04-26-2009 03:57 PM
No Mom - I'm a Suicide Bomber... not a Perv!! rdwj General Chit Chat 1 08-31-2006 01:40 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS