Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Jumpin' on the wagon could be a good thing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #11
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

It is always good to be able to evaluate yourself honestly like that... even better that you are testing your self control by brewing at the same time, lol.

I reached a point a while back where I was concerned alcohol was becoming an issue so I quit drinking totally for about 5 years. Since I've resumed drinking I've taken up brewing and enjoy it. I don't drink near as much as I used to and I seem to enjoy it more.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 03:58 AM   #12
swoody
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds like a lot of irresponsible drinking has caused you guys to re-evaluate and make a decision based on the path you were leading yourselves down. More power to you. Way too many people do not recognize the fact that something is wrong until it is too late and often not even then!! I have watched my own brother reduce himself to a useless non-working couch ornament, drinking each and every day of his life away....Worst part of it is that he thinks he is fine, despite being fired from his job, wrecking his car (more than once), etc...Good Luck!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #13
robtotten
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Good for you, man. And I wish I had some friends who brewed but didn't drink!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
MetallHed
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 44

i'm 23 and just had a health evaluation... uhh... not what it should be.. especially not BMI and cholesterol. I knew my weight has been going up and that I couldn't run the bases like I used to, but I never saw the numbers before; it definately opened my eyes.

I was a twig all the way through highschool. I started drinking at 18 and obviously still do. I have gained about 40 lbs since highschool and have a nice lil belly on me. Last year when I worked second shift I drank everyday after work, at least a sixer.

Since moving to 3rd shift I have cut it back, but I'd like to try quitting. I believe in making short term goals, because they're easier, then extending them. Like "I can go two weeks. Okay. that was easy. Two more." and so on.

I don't get drunk everyday or beat my family or anything.. but it's pretty disappointing when you drive over a set of railroad tracks and feel yourself "jiggle" lol

My Fermentation Chiller Steel Horse Brew Labels

Quick Reply