Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > It's slowly happening...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
ktblunden
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 282 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 23

My wife used to say she hated beer. Turns out she hates BMC and overly hopped beers, but loves wheats and stouts. I just bottled a Wit and a Coffee Stout for her so she can have some good beers after our son is born.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
Ghostly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My mother-in-law ONLY orders Stella Artois if she has to have a beer. It's that or nothing, and I realized she does it because she equates it with something classier than BMC. She's actually kind of a wine connoisseur with a taste for slightly sour wines, so I gave her a Rodenbach Grand Cru and it was great to see her face light up. I also got her ex-husband hooked with a Pretty Things Jack d'Or and a Gavroche. Slowly turning that entire family...

Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #13
Fizzycist
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 43

My boss (who's also a friend) is a Wyoming redneck who usually likes nothing better than lots of cheap beer. Then i got him drinking some Deschutes Black Butte Porter, and a few weeks ago he shows up at my house with three different bombers from Heretic to share. He mostly bought them for the funny names (Evil Twin, anyone?) but he actually likes craft brews now. Success!

Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
hexXedBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzycist
My boss (who's also a friend) is a Wyoming redneck who usually likes nothing better than lots of cheap beer. Then i got him drinking some Deschutes Black Butte Porter, and a few weeks ago he shows up at my house with three different bombers from Heretic to share. He mostly bought them for the funny names (Evil Twin, anyone?) but he actually likes craft brews now. Success!
Great success! That's a good brewing to convert to haha.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #15
hexXedBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly
My mother-in-law ONLY orders Stella Artois if she has to have a beer. It's that or nothing, and I realized she does it because she equates it with something classier than BMC. She's actually kind of a wine connoisseur with a taste for slightly sour wines, so I gave her a Rodenbach Grand Cru and it was great to see her face light up. I also got her ex-husband hooked with a Pretty Things Jack d'Or and a Gavroche. Slowly turning that entire family...
Wow a Grand Cru is what she had a taste for.. lol. It's almost weird what you find people start to like. I guess I project my own tastes on others too much.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #16
BigBeer4All
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My good friend is a huge american macro lager line of guy and I've been dampling him on different craft beers over the years in search of one he like. After sampling on all kinds of amazing IPAs, stouts, porter, and a lot of the other rreally popular styles he ended up falling in love with belgian tripel. Corsendonk blonde and cambridge tripel threat being some oc his favorites.

My mom loves imperial stouts, especial the Brooklyn black chocolate.

bottled: belgian single, saison, Mocha porter, Kolsch, Imperial Pils, citrus/melon IPA.

primary: Man Land Shandy.

secondary: belgian tripel(forever)

Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #17
hexXedBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeer4All
My good friend is a huge american macro lager line of guy and I've been dampling him on different craft beers over the years in search of one he like. After sampling on all kinds of amazing IPAs, stouts, porter, and a lot of the other rreally popular styles he ended up falling in love with belgian tripel. Corsendonk blonde and cambridge tripel threat being some oc his favorites.

My mom loves imperial stouts, especial the Brooklyn black chocolate.
my wife really likes the belgian trippels too. she actually sneezes if there's a moderate amounts of hops, like people do with mints.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2198 Times on 1914 Posts
Likes Given: 1644

Get her a bottle of Chimay. She should love that kind of quality. Or if you're ever in Akron Ohio,go to thirsty dog brewery for there Cerberus,it's a trippel.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
hexXedBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr
Get her a bottle of Chimay. She should love that kind of quality. Or if you're ever in Akron Ohio,go to thirsty dog brewery for there Cerberus,it's a trippel.
haha chimay might be a little much for her she likes the green flash trippel

Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
Obliviousbrew
Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 168

I live in a country where craft beer and homebrewers are not very popular, people don´t even have the smallest clue about beer... anything that differs from macro lagers its unknown. I have turn dozens of friends into craft beer and homebrewed beers. The person that amaze me the most was my wife´s grandmother, I gave her my DIPA and just the look on her face while she was trying it was priceless, I never tougth that she liked that, now I got to send her a few bottles time to time, she still haves macro lagers, but if there is something different she will put the macro lager aside and have a real beer... that old lady makes me happy...

Quick Reply