Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > IPA Gone......:(

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
billdog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default IPA Gone......:(

I'm sad cause I just finished my IPA.....

I have a pale ale and a cream ale going, but it will be at least two weeks till I can drink either.

Lusky I still have my Mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2642 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 293

+1 to the pipeline. Morebeer offers free shipping on orders over $60 I think, and they're prices are reasonable. Just buy one yeast, and plan beers around reusing that one yeast if money is the issue. You can brew every 2-3 weeks doing this, and have 30 gallons of homebrew stockpiled in no time.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:15 AM   #4
birvine
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Very sad, indeed.

B

Old 08-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #5
Cubslover
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

THANK GOD this ended the way it did, I was hoping nothing was poured down the drain.

On the topic...I have a High Gravity Bourbon Barrel Bottle Aging, my Breakfast Porter in bottles ready to drink, my IPA will be bottled tomorrow, and a hard cider to bottle next week.

Once I get my MLT built I'll be doing another Brown ale. Should be set for a while.

"Some people are still alive only because it's illegal to kill them."

"To Clone" List:
- Sammy Smith's Winter Welcome
- Southern Tier Choklat Stout
- Rogue Dead Guy Ale
- Three Floyd's Gumballhead

Old 08-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #6
shutupjojo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sorry man . I will shed a tear for you. Now get to building a pipeline now!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #7
beersteiner2345
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

+1 for the pipeline... and just go to the store and buy beer in the mean time.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
Clementine
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

beer swilling friends are the enemy of the pipeline.

Clem

P.S. I think I need a tip jar

Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1714 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine
P.S. I think I need a tip jar
Don't do it!

I hate to bring this up in a thread that was moving along just fine until now, but it has to be done...

First of all, it's illegal, despite what any of HBT's resident armchair lawyers will often wrongly assert. and there is not a single legal loophole or trick that allows you to get around this. It is what it is... no matter how you try and slice it, it's illegal, period.

However, simply being illegal isn't enough to deter some people. Including myself, as a matter of fact. But I still would NEVER put out a tip jar. Why? Because it's unbelievably tacky. Only somebody with absolutely no class whatsoever could do such a thing. Could you imagine if it were anything other than homebrew? Say we were avid bakers instead - it'd be totally tasteless and sleazy if you had people over for dinner and, when bringing out the pies, you put out a tip jar as well. It's totally unthinkable to me. There'sno good reason for homebrew to be any different.

If you want to share your homebrew, then just do it in a way that's both legal and shows a bit of class. There's no need to cheapen the experience and the act of sharing for the sake of a couple bucks. And in the end, you will likely be rewarded even better for your total generosity, both personally, and through the appreciation and generosity in kind from others.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
mrduna01
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

Don't do it!

I hate to bring this up in a thread that was moving along just fine until now, but it has to be done...

First of all, it's illegal, despite what any of HBT's resident armchair lawyers will often wrongly assert. and there is not a single legal loophole or trick that allows you to get around this. It is what it is... no matter how you try and slice it, it's illegal, period.

However, simply being illegal isn't enough to deter some people. Including myself, as a matter of fact. But I still would NEVER put out a tip jar. Why? Because it's unbelievably tacky. Only somebody with absolutely no class whatsoever could do such a thing. Could you imagine if it were anything other than homebrew? Say we were avid bakers instead - it'd be totally tasteless and sleazy if you had people over for dinner and, when bringing out the pies, you put out a tip jar as well. It's totally unthinkable to me. There'sno good reason for homebrew to be any different.

If you want to share your homebrew, then just do it in a way that's both legal and shows a bit of class. There's no need to cheapen the experience and the act of sharing for the sake of a couple bucks. And in the end, you will likely be rewarded even better for your total generosity, both personally, and through the appreciation and generosity in kind from others.
I think it was a joke.

Quick Reply