The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > An interesting question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #31
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Plus, you have to think about the DWI factor. People LOVE driving and smoking. When there's no recourse against it, what's to stop people from rolling a Q into one doober and smoking it in a residential neighborhood?
Why wouldn't there be the same recourse as now? Impaired driving is impaired driving. You can't drink in public, why don't we apply the same law to pot?

Whether you're impaired by an illegal substance or a legal one is a separate issue. In any case, studies in other areas show that legalization would cause a temporary spike as people try the new product followed by leveling off and even decreasing consumption. Holland's consumption is far below America's per capita usage.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 PM   #32
Yanos
Alaskan Assassin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

The key to this discussion is where you are located. Every state has a different take on the brewery topic. A few states actually have a tax break for brewers who brew small amounts (relative) per year. When researching opening a small brewery I was able to find most all of the tax and regulatory information online.

Quick Answer: It's possible, depending on where you are located. It's far from a get rich scheme...

Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #33
WortMonger
United States Mashtronaut

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Oklahoma is a no tolerance state, a seed can get you a yr. I wouldn't ever condone smoking in front of children or in public, and feel they should treat it the same as DUI/DWI. I am just saying the prison system is overloaded with personal drug prisoners and we have to live with rapists and someone thinks the drugs are worse?

"It's like a 15.5 gallon Mr. Beer!"

Old 10-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #34
WortMonger
United States Mashtronaut

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Back on topic for myself, I wish they would lower the mandatory amount you have to produce and allow more brewers to get licensed. I guess they don't see the fact they would make more taxes with more alcohol being produced. Make it harder to be a certified brewer, with local inspection to make sure your above board. This would never happen in Oklahoma though, they would first have to change the liquor laws so you could sell refrigerated above 3.2%ABW beer.

"It's like a 15.5 gallon Mr. Beer!"

Quick Reply