Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > ingredient kits

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
yummybeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default ingredient kits

just wondering how many on the forum occasionally use the ingredient kits or do you select each ingredient seperately for the batch?
i myself had been buying the ingredient kits until recently. recently, i went to the local homebrew shop to buy an ingredient kit to make an oktoberfest. however, the brew shop was at the time out of ingredient kits to make an oktoberfest. i know some brews are seasonals, but i was there during the oktoberfest season. i think i'm now at the point of staying away from the ingredient kits and select each ingredient seperately from the local brew shop.

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya, we're all in this together."---Red Green

"My eyebrows ain't plucked, there's a gun in my truck. Oh thank God I'm still a guy."---Brad Paisley

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
ibbones
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's all I get. I order different kits from Austin and have been really happy with them. Some day I will get me a Barley Crusher and order grain by the bag but for $25.00 or so a kit, I am happy.

"BONES"

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
jkreuze
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I don't do kits anymore because it's sort of fun to research a recipe, and go and collect your grains and mill them out, and pick out the yeast at the LHBS. Nothing at all wrong with kits, though, they are just providing a tried-and-true recipe and collecting the materials for you ahead of time for a small markup.

Quick Reply