Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Info for my journey for heady topper

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
Dave37
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 385 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Info for my journey for heady topper

Hey guys i have family on the MA/NH border and and am going to be going there next weekend. As you know VT is not too far away and i am wondering if any of you can maybe give me an idea of how far north id have to drive into vermont to find a store where i could purchase some to take home.

Any info is much appreciated thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
BigBill
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

They have a map...

http://www.alchemistbeer.com/retail-availability/

You have to go pretty far north to Montpelier/Burlington/Waterbury to get it for sure. Closer to Canada than MA.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Dave37
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill
They have a map...

http://www.alchemistbeer.com/retail-availability/

You have to go pretty far north to Montpelier/Burlington/Waterbury to get it for sure. Closer to Canada than MA.
Yea im aware of the map...
I was just wondering if any local VTers knew of any other places to purchase it because i live in NYC and have local access to heady topper via a bar in brooklyn. $12 a can. That bar is not on their website so that lead me to believe there would be other places especially in VT that sold it.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
BigBill
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

OK, sorry to have misunderstood. Regarding your actual question (now that I understand) I think finding outside areas mentioned in VT is really tough. From reading the news they occasionally ship pallets to Boston (NY and Philly too) and I believe a limited number of cases get sent to each establishments e.g. case here or a case there which makes things go quickly so it is really tough to say which stores carry it because they get some and then it sells out. I rotate between 3/4 stores (2 in Boston near work, one great store in the suburbs, and a store near me that has a very good selection.) I've seen HT once and the store had a one can limit per customer so they didn't sell pout immediately. Seems like they even have a hard time keeping in stock in VT

http://www.vnews.com/home/5144605-95...er-beer-valley

Good luck in your search. If you find a good place let us know because I will be honest I've been contemplating the 7 hr round trip up to VT next time my wife takes the kids out of state to Grandma's. Or even 4hrs to Hill Farmstead, 1 hr to Alchemist, 3hrs home...

Old 05-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Dave37
Recipes 

Thanks for the article man good read. Unfortunately it makes me much less optimistic about my ability to get a 4 pack into my fridge next weekend.

Who knows maybe ill get lucky. Thanks again

cheers

Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
Pugnax88
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just went up about a month ago to the Alchemist, took us about 3ish hours to get there. I'm on the border of MA and NH, don't know exactly where you are talking about, but I'm on the edge of Western/Central MA.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
Dave37
Recipes 

I have family in northfield MA which is about as north as u can get in MA. Literally a 5 minute drive to get into NH. Its a 3 hour drive for me to get there from where i live in NYC so i dont think id be up for another 3 hours. Was hoping there would be some spots that sold it in the southern vt area. Brattleboro, etc.

Im sure the trip was worth it?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #8
Larzean
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Planning to ride there from Albany area later in the month!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
Pugnax88
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave37 View Post
I have family in northfield MA which is about as north as u can get in MA. Literally a 5 minute drive to get into NH. Its a 3 hour drive for me to get there from where i live in NYC so i dont think id be up for another 3 hours. Was hoping there would be some spots that sold it in the southern vt area. Brattleboro, etc.

Im sure the trip was worth it?
Heck yeah it was. Lots of good beer up there

Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
mvcorliss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 12

If you are planning to head up to the Alchemist to pick up a few cases be aware that they can on Mondays and Thursday (last I checked) and they are usually sold out by
Wednesday and Friday afternoons! Plan ahead. I don't believe they limit anyone as to how many cases you can buy.

Quick Reply