HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > inaccurate beer descriptions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #51
JordanThomas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzinator View Post
Never had black label. Where is your part of town?

Also I agree, hipsters make me think of womens jeans.
Hahahaha you mean men in women's jeans? Yea, another stereotype with, well, a rather high frequency of examples supporting it!

I live in Grand Rapids, MI. On the SE side.

Black Label is like... Canadian PBR? http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/433/8617 Just another dirt-cheap adjunct lager. Not my thing, but people eat it up. Hard to beat a $0.50 can of beer AT a bar.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #52
trumpetbeard
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanThomas View Post
Ugh... PBR... I live in a very interesting part of town. Often marked by the high population of "hipsters." I really hate that term, but I'll put it to you this way: The price of PBR in the last 5 years has risen by about 15%. The new PBR around here is Black Label. It's always stocked at the local stores.
To be fair, where I live PBR is still 3.50 for a 6-pack of 16oz cans. Ounce for ounce it's cheaper than Icehouse and Milwaukee's Best and infinitely better.

I'm noticing that the fad for PBR is passing over and that Schlitz is coming the new trendy beer with the "hipster" crowd. Which I find odd because the only people I know who drink Schlitz unironically are men over 60 from the upper midwest who hang onto their brand loyalty from their youth. It was common growing up there but after many years on the east coast it's just now eeking into bars and onto shelves (again?).

Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #53
ludomonster
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetbeard View Post
I'm noticing that the fad for PBR is passing over and that Schlitz is coming the new trendy beer with the "hipster" crowd.
Pretty soon, they'll move on to Shaefer's.

Bottled: Old Freckled Men, Berlin Mart Cider, Creamer Ale II
English Mother****er, Do You Drink It Pale Ale
C4 Pale Ale (Centennial, Challenger, Cascade, Citra hopburst)

Gone: Honeybadger Wheat Ale, Bad Amba Jamma, Badder Amba Jamma, Slam Dunkelweizen, Creamer Ale I, Robust Porter

Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #54
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetbeard View Post
To be fair, where I live PBR is still 3.50 for a 6-pack of 16oz cans. Ounce for ounce it's cheaper than Icehouse and Milwaukee's Best and infinitely better.

I'm noticing that the fad for PBR is passing over and that Schlitz is coming the new trendy beer with the "hipster" crowd. Which I find odd because the only people I know who drink Schlitz unironically are men over 60 from the upper midwest who hang onto their brand loyalty from their youth. It was common growing up there but after many years on the east coast it's just now eeking into bars and onto shelves (again?).
Wow, $3.50 for a 6-pack of 16oz cans? I'd probably buy a few of those now and then, too at that price. Might have to report back after going to the store what the price of PBR is here...

Old 10-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #55
shecky

Recipes 

Liked 3470 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Get back on topic or get closed.

Quick Reply