Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > inaccurate beer descriptions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
Getzinator
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Guiness Black Lager "Cold Brewed"
It's not that it's terribly inaccurate, the terminology just bothers me. Same as "triple hop brewed".

Also Pabst Blue Ribbon. Not hating, I actually find it a guilty pleasure. I just laugh that they hold a century old blue ribbon as their sole marketing.

My spoon is TOO big.

Johnnyhitch1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
ludomonster
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzinator View Post
Guiness Black Lager "Cold Brewed"
It's not that it's terribly inaccurate, the terminology just bothers me. Same as "triple hop brewed".

Also Pabst Blue Ribbon. Not hating, I actually find it a guilty pleasure. I just laugh that they hold a century old blue ribbon as their sole marketing.
That's how you get as much as you can out of a win.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Meh... not everyone is a genius when it comes to picking flavors out of a beer and using a plethora of terms to explain it to someone else. And frankly, if you use a bunch of crazy terminology, chances are, the majority of people asking about the beer wouldn't follow. Why give the people serving your beer a hard time? It's not like they are intentionally lying to you. Maybe they never got to taste all of the beers they have available.

When all else fails, trying it is the best way to describe it. If they wouldn't let you taste it, then maybe get upset.

My 2 cents.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Miller High Life is definitely NOT the Champagne of Beers.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #15
RainyDay
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would submit that Deus is the champagne of beers.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Here are some amusing reviews of Budweiser. All of the following reviewers rated Bud 4.5-5.0 on a 5 point scale.

Quote:
The king of beers is the best stuff on earth. More people need to MAN UP and drink the diesel. Better than ****ty preppy bud lite.
Quote:
I originally like the light version but I looked down and noticed I had a dick(maybe not big)but this should be every man's beer.
Quote:
king of beers . FU beer snobs. hey you mother effers I only drink BUd like Joe King once said. Bud is KIng for a reason. All of you hippies can shove it. Budweiser is what makes America the great land that it is. shut up and drink one
Quote:
Real-man beer. Taste ties to memories, so if you lead a boring life, you’re rating this one low. Americana in a can. Sack up.
Quote:
You know **** about beer then do not rate this.For being the king of beer,it taste awesome.Blond color with 4.9% Just they should make the appearence nicer.
Quote:
They don’t call it the king for nothing. Like it or not Bud is a staple for so many events that other more interesting beers can not compete. You can’t play pong with lambics. Getting hotties wasted doesn’t work with porters, he’s the king for a reason, everyone else is merely a subject in the kingdom
Quote:
This **** is BEECHWOOD AGED. Too many people forget that some beer is MADE FOR swilling. They forget that they need to review what this beer IS, as opposed to what it IS NOT. Completely inoffensive!!! Crisp! Tons of small, tongue and throat massaging bubbles! Mild ricey flavor with a boost of organic heritage maize! No hangover regardless of how many you drink (pbr and high life cannot make this claim.) This crap is the KING OF BEERS for a reason! LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

I guess people who really like Bud also like to cuss
Old 07-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
evrose
Recipes 

Liked 300 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTipsy View Post
I guess people who really like Bud also like to cuss
I'm guessing that they also don't like to wear shirts, and that showering is considered somewhat optional.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrose View Post
I'm guessing that they also don't like to wear shirts, and that showering is considered somewhat optional.

They don't wear shirts often, but when they do it's a sleeveless.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #19
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Refreshing is a word that many people use to describe lighter beers. I don't find many beers to be refreshing. Tart fruit beers are an exception.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #20
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

A 100 IBU IPA with a pale malt and carapils grain bill is not balanced, but it's a world that is often used to describe it.

Quick Reply