Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > If you could ask a brew masters a question....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #21
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Id ask him if my beers done fermenting when the airlock stops bubbling

Mikeysab on untappd.
509inc Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #22
Indyking
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'd ask: Are you looking for a job?

Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #23
Acoma
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I would ask what does it take for a brewmaster to get fired from AB?

Old 03-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #24
DustyTheBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'd ask him what his favourite type of rice is to brew with.

Ha!

I'm with that other guy about dumping a batch. Itt would make that one batch I dumped seem insignificant.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #25
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 613 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 231

So much typing. So little to show for it.

Back on topic please.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #26
ongreystreet
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
I think its safe to say you guys arent going to agree about anything. So ill just say that were all homebrewers here. Were not professionals, no matter how bad some of us want to be. Not every homebrewer will become a pro but probably every,or most, pro started out homebrewing. For some of us its a hobby that we take great pride in. Youre both obviously in that category.

Whether you drink BMC or not, or whether you agree with their business plan or not, i'd say that AB or Coors or Miller would hire brewers that know their trade. Its assinine to think that the brewers of beer that dominate the market (and dominate by a very large margin)dont know what theyre doing. Im sure there are homebrewers that were (Bob), will, or are(JZ) work in a brewery. If any of us are worthy of being a pro, hopefully we will be. But until were putting our beers up against the pros, we should not be comparing our beers to the commercial brews on the shelves.
I appreciate the attempt at mediation, and apologize if I offended anyone. I'd like to especially apologize to Bob, didn't mean to piss you off, we don't agree on the subject and that's fine with me. I do understand what you are trying to say, I just don't agree with everything you're saying. I hope you understand my position, even if you don't agree.

In response to mikey

I don't think the thread or the thread-jack had much to with anyone wanting to be a pro-brewer. I know I don't want to be a pro-brewer, and I personally ain't all that interested in competing or having my beer judged next to anyone's commercial or homebrew. Just don't see what's so wrong about thinking my beer or someone else's brew is better or more enjoyable just because it's homebrewed.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #27
brewmonk
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 84

I'd ask where in Colorado does he live?

(p.s. there are 25 deleted posts, so i don't know what was said.
the only thing i can add, is that I *may* not drink Bud much [etc.], but to be able to make the same damn thing every day, in different states, with different water, and hops shortages, phucque! will you pay me 50k to help? those guys know their schitte, and I'd love to have a 3 day weekend at their r and d headquarters! if i COULD, i'd even pay for it, but i can't))

-I'm not getting older, but the floor is getting further away.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:56 AM   #28
ongreystreet
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'll try to re-post what I had said earlier about questions for a masterbrewer.

For a larger scale brewer, such as an AB brewer, I'd ask him what equipment he would choose if he did smaller scale brewing, and by smaller I mean less then what is done at AB. If there are any sort of techniques or equipments he wants to use, but can't because of the scale of brewing done by AB. Along the same lines I'd ask about how they go about scaling up any sort if techniques or equipment for such a large mass production. I'd probably also ask about the refrigeration, since the systems they use must be awesome.

For a smaller scale brewer (regional, craft, micro), I'd ask them about the balance of brewing traditional beers vs. beers that are more trendy. I think that would open up conversations about market trends, their current set-up, their customer's tastes, their own tastes, profits, etc.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 AM   #29
rjwhite41
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't think that my post was completely off topic. I did tell him what I would ask. I would ask about how to achieve such low FG's as Bud Light achieves. At least I think that's what I said, that and a bunch of other stuff that was off topic and was deleted.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #30
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongreystreet

I appreciate the attempt at mediation, and apologize if I offended anyone. I'd like to especially apologize to Bob, didn't mean to piss you off, we don't agree on the subject and that's fine with me. I do understand what you are trying to say, I just don't agree with everything you're saying. I hope you understand my position, even if you don't agree.

In response to mikey

I don't think the thread or the thread-jack had much to with anyone wanting to be a pro-brewer. I know I don't want to be a pro-brewer, and I personally ain't all that interested in competing or having my beer judged next to anyone's commercial or homebrew. Just don't see what's so wrong about thinking my beer or someone else's brew is better or more enjoyable just because it's homebrewed.
I was just trying to say that were all in thw same boat. We all brew beer in our driveways or garages or basements. Were not pros and none of our beers should be compared to the ones on the shelves. Theres probably good reason their beers are being sold. Thats not to say some homebrewers beers COULDNT be sold, but theyre not, for whatever reason. We also all know BMC is easy drinking beer that is consumed by far more people than craft beer. It may not sit well with us but its a fact of life. Just ask Tootie and Jo.
Mikeysab on untappd.

Quick Reply